I got to watch pickup truck qualifying on speed
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Dude crash and twowheelblog don't even cover ama. We need to adopt the bsb rulebook and leave shit be
Word. Been hoping for that for awhile. Drop the XR Races, drop the prepubescent SS series, run 2 Superbike races and 2 Middleweight races per weekend. Let club racing train the up and comers (works for the CMRA and WERA).

With only 2 classes, stable rules, and a forcibly higher grid count you should attract more sponsors, more media attention, and could possibly start paying better further back in the field.

As it is alot of riders are making less than minimum wage on teams funded by shoestrings against 2-3 teams with budgets. No one will bite on that kinda deal knowing it only pays real money if you manage a podium..

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Ducati gets its first 200 win...Thanks to the DMG allowing them AN ENGINE CHANGE with 15 laps to go...

You know any other sanctioning body that permits engine changes? Really?
Quote:
I watched it last night and was seething mad. The red flag was bullshit to begin with. They must have interviewed every rider and noone claimed front tire issues but eslick. Race never should have stopped. That engine should never have been allowed to change and he shouldn't have fucking restarted from second. I've no doubt in my mind that stopping the race and letting disalvo start second with a fresh motor stole it from zemke.
Quote:
I woulda been livid. But I saw how lost DMG was in 09 and just have the lowest expectation possible. Shame really that our talented bunch of racers and teams we have left must contend with this BS...

Complete BS !!

Thanks for the links.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Speed played the whole damn thing today!!!

Aside from the political AMA/DMG crap, it was one helluva race!!...I used to go every year to watch, but when Honda dropped out, I lost interest...I can honestly say the race was so good, I'll be returning next year...

So back to the race...It was tight from the start, with lots of great action...Then the freaky incident with DiSalvo losing a cylinder happened...They even interviewed him, and he was saying how his day was done, but they'd be ready for the next race (little did he know his fate)....

Later, a rider would crash for no apparent reason when his front tire tucked in, prompting DMG to have a red flag and long delay of the race...AMA would mandate a front tire change for EVERYONE, citing perceived safety reasons...During the red flag, riders would be interviewed about the condition of the track and state their bikes were more than manageable...

So the race re-started, and the race to the finish rocked!!...Lots of passing, dicing, lead changes, and overall great racing...Right before the finish line was the Josh Herrin debacle, with 3 riders crashing out while battling for the win...

DiSalvo would be the victor, with lots of questions as to why he was allowed back in the race...

I will be watching more AMA this year for sure
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/...16dmgexpla.htm

So the Daytona 147 was won by a bike that should have been reset to scoring on lap one after an engine swap. And the crashers on the final lap that never made it to the finish got red flag scored ahead of other riders that did make it to the finish. And they have timing and scoring that doesnt work right and a control tire that is out of control...

I think it is safe for me to push cancel on the DVR for the rest of this years fiasco...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/...16dmgexpla.htm

So the Daytona 147 was won by a bike that should have been reset to scoring on lap one after an engine swap. And the crashers on the final lap that never made it to the finish got red flag scored ahead of other riders that did make it to the finish. And they have timing and scoring that doesnt work right and a control tire that is out of control...

I think it is safe for me to push cancel on the DVR for the rest of this years fiasco...
What

The

Fuck

?

Seriously? If you bin it before crossing the line you should finish without points. I noticed that article completely ignored disalvo restarting from the second position on the grid when he damn sure wasn't there when he retired
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #27
shmike
Follower

Quote:
What

The

Fuck

?

Seriously? If you bin it before crossing the line you should finish without points. I noticed that article completely ignored disalvo restarting from the second position on the grid when he damn sure wasn't there when he retired
That's because they went a lap back from the red flag.

Seems to me that since there was a red flag at the end, the results should be based on one lap back too.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #28
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Man, I don't know what the hell is going on with this AMA stuff.

But thanks for the torrents anyway, Dave.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #29
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Man, I don't know what the hell is going on with this AMA stuff.

But thanks for the torrents anyway, Dave.
No problem man.

Btw for folks on the list. This weekend is another drill for me and we are in the field so no lappy. Underground doesn't play nice with android so unless I can convince victoria to send out qual Saturday night don't expect mail till Sunday.

And as per usual if you want in on the list send me a pm with your email address
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #30
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Just got this in a email from a friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpzAFlaJks
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote