Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

View Poll Results: Who will be the 2011 MotoGP champ?
Rossi 3 25.00%
Pedrosa 0 0%
Stoner 6 50.00%
Lorenzo 1 8.33%
Spies 2 16.67%
Hayden 0 0%
Simoncelli 0 0%
Dovizioso 0 0%
Edwards 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Thumbs up 2011 MotoGP pre-season trash talk thread

2 weeks from today, the MotoGP season officially begins with practice 1 at Qatar, so let's hear your thoughts...

Here are mine...I'll start with the riders...
--Lorenzo is the returning champ, and has the #1 plate with his initials making the number...He dominated last year, and should be a contender again this year
--Pedrosa seems to have recoved from his injury, and is always a contender for the title
--Stoner looks like the man to beat this year...When he didn't crash last year, he was always at the front or not far from it...He seems to be taking to the Honda with ease, and at the end of the year, I see him as the champ
--Rossi is the GOAT, and for me to pick against him is crazy...But I think his injuries are still holding him back, thus making it harder for him to develop the Duc...The beginning of the season might not yield the results were used to seeing from him
--Spies gets a factory ride...So just like Hayden, no more excuses
--Hayden is done in GP...He's a top 10 rider, and having Rossi and Burgess to tune his bike will help, but I don't see him in the top 5...
--Dovizioso will show some life, but I don't see him being a contender
--Simoncelli - see above
--the rest are irrelevant

Intangibles that are sparking my interest...
--Lorenzo and Spies will be developing the Yamaha without Rossi and Burgess...This could be huge
--Rossi seems to be struggling to get the Duc up to his standards, but time will tell
--Pedrosa and Stoner seem to be ahead of the curve going into this 1st race

Your thoughts?
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Here are your riders...

Old 03-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

The Doctor is faking it and will come out of nowhere to destroy the opponents, both psychologically AND physically.

He probably has the best time in his life right now...pitting against some really competitive peers.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
The Doctor is faking it and will come out of nowhere to destroy the opponents, both psychologically AND physically.

He probably has the best time in his life right now...pitting against some really competitive peers.
Yup
Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I have one thought when I look at that rider list... They REALLY need to stop giving points at 10th from now on... Basically, if you start you'll almost assuredly get a point. That's sad. I remember when it was a big deal to just score points in MotoGp.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Hrc is now officially backing aoyama. For anyone keeping count that's five factory bikes by honda...with at least three riders who can fuck off into the sunset.

Yamaha has no sponsorship. Here, in wsbk, or in wss. I suspect their abilities will fall as the season progresses if no changes occur.

If valentina is sandbagging how come everyone else is slow as balls on the ducati? I thought him and JB would hop on and have it sorted in seconds
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I honestly enjoy Moto2 far more than MotoGP...don't get me wrong...I still buy a hi-rez subscription from MotoGP.com every season...but MotoGP races are just BORING...3 or 4 riders have competitive machinery and the other 12 or 13 riders are only out there to make the grid look less sparse at the start....they have NO chance to win....or even be competitive....and EVERYONE knows it.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

It's definitely going to be interesting with all of the team changes. I'd love to see Spies outperform Lorenzo but sure wouldn't bet on it.

I can't bet against Rossi taking the title though.

Stoner on the Honda...humm...I don't care for him but wouldn't be surprised to see him take it either.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I honestly enjoy Moto2 far more than MotoGP...don't get me wrong...I still buy a hi-rez subscription from MotoGP.com every season...but MotoGP races are just BORING...3 or 4 riders have competitive machinery and the other 12 or 13 riders are only out there to make the grid look less sparse at the start....they have NO chance to win....or even be competitive....and EVERYONE knows it.
Thanks for that helpful post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

HRC is gonna ROLL. They is gonna own and the majority of the tracks. Spies will outspeed Lorenzo, but probably wont out finish him consistently to place higher in the points. Humble Pie served twice a day for Ducati. Bautista will destroy enough bodywork to fund a satellite team.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote