Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
My only opinion on that is that men should get time off for paternity leave as well. I took a month that was chargeable leave, whereas if I'd been a woman I'd have gotten six weeks free.
Army does, it was implemented last year (or the year before), but its not 6 weeks, it is 2 weeks non chargeable.

Quote:
Yeah, not the Air Force. Also, while a woman can get the military to pay for her breast augmentation surgery, I can't get them to pay for anything to keep me from goin g bald. THERE'S your inequality.
Yeh but they will pay for your balls to be snipped, which is worth much more than a set of bewbies, because it prevents a set of babies
Old 03-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Army does, it was implemented last year (or the year before), but its not 6 weeks, it is 2 weeks non chargeable.
2 weeks
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
My only opinion on that is that men should get time off for paternity leave as well. I took a month that was chargeable leave, whereas if I'd been a woman I'd have gotten six weeks free.
But you're not the one actually having the child. Big difference....and if you need to stay home, then you could just as well pay for a babysitter.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
2 weeks
Are you the one popping the kid out?

I had 2 weeks paternity leave when my little one was born.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Both men and woman are treated equally where I work.
3 months paid leave.
Back when I had my kids it was 2 months.
Paternity\Maternity.

It works out better for the company in that it allows for the employee to properly hand off all responsibilities vs having an unreliable exhausted employee at work.
Men have the same benefit as women because to do otherwise would be discriminatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Under what circumstances?
A couple different circumstances, but the most common is depression caused by a negative self-image. It was originally designed to help out women with Mastectomies and things of that nature, but now it's mostly used by women who just want bigger boobs.

Amarok, the AF does give paternity leave now. IIRC, it's like 2 weeks non-chargeable.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Well that's nice to know, that wasn't the case four years ago when Poot was born. And no, I'm not the one popping the kid out but I wanted to be home to support Ulu and make it as easy on her as I could while she was recovering and dealing with a life-threatening infection and reduced mobility. I guess my point is that they don't at all make it easy to do the right thing as a guy, but then I have to hear about how women have it so bad. Well, there's double standards everywhere, folks.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
A couple different circumstances, but the most common is depression caused by a negative self-image. It was originally designed to help out women with Mastectomies and things of that nature, but now it's mostly used by women who just want bigger boobs.
The mastectomy thing is common sense. But for anything else? Please.....If a woman has low self-esteem because of her boobs, then it would have been an issue BEFORE she joined the military as well.

I seriously hope any girl who gets her boobs done "just because" on the miltary's dime gets snickered at everywhere she goes. EVERYONE she works with will know what happened, and I doubt she will be taken seriously anymore.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

I dunno, out of all the examples of "men choose these job but not women," I don't see anything that clearly shows choice is the important factor. If women are applying but not getting hired, the gap is still pretty real.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #20
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I dunno, out of all the examples of "men choose these job but not women," I don't see anything that clearly shows choice is the important factor. If women are applying but not getting hired, the gap is still pretty real.
That has nothing to do with wage discrimination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote