Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R
Default Winter Weather PSA.

For those of us living in the colder climates...Make sure you take it easy f there is inclement weather and the roads are shit. It "snowed" here in jersey last night...Nothing to report about except that the road crews did nothing so the snow that fell turned to ice almost immediately.

Anyway, this video was posted by a friend of mine on FB and I dont think many people out driving in this stuff would have been able to react the way this guy did. Props to staying calm and driving out of what could have been a complete mess for him and his nice Evo.

Also, NWS for language but if you turn the audio off you'll be fine as you dont really need it to get the full effect of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVGeIgLdlI&sns=fb

I had a similar experience driving home from Florida in January of 2011' A pickup truck spun out in front of me about a mile ahead of me and as I came closer I realized he was still in the middle of 95 trying to get to the shoulder, Tapped the brakes and realized it was icy and wouldn't do shit so i let off immediately and tried to aim the car at a spot where i would go off into the center median if i had to rather than slam into a truck. Luckily he got it to the shoulder before I had to make that call to get myself stuck and sit on 95 for god knows how long in the middle of a ice/snow storm.