Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

What is your debate then?

He was found guilty and ran away. He was caught and is being punished. What exactly do you object to?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
What is your debate then?

He was found guilty and ran away. He was caught and is being punished. What exactly do you object to?
I made no statement, but rather asked a question: Does the 'need' to see justice done outweigh the harm that will once again be done to the victim? No one seems to even want to consider that possibility.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens to Polanski. If you saw any of his films and the female leads, you'd have figured him for a diddler immediately. Double-tap to the spinal cord and push him in the River Seine and the world wouldn't miss a beat, but be better off for his absence.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I made no statement, but rather asked a question: Does the 'need' to see justice done outweigh the harm that will once again be done to the victim? No one seems to even want to consider that possibility.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens to Polanski. If you saw any of his films and the female leads, you'd have figured him for a diddler immediately. Double-tap to the spinal cord and push him in the River Seine and the world wouldn't miss a beat, but be better off for his absence.
To answer your question... Yes. Otherwise where would it stop? No victim of any violent crime should ever be prosecuted because it might bring back bad memories. I wonder how this chick felt every time he got an award or released a new film? What's worse... Reliving a bad memory that you most likely relive in some way every day anyway or knowing the perp is out there living an extravagant lifestyle while you've been so damaged? Not to mention all the jackoffs supporting this sick fuck.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote