Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 10-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #31
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well fellas, it's a scam! Hopefully we caught it in time!
When we're right, we're RIGHT!!!

Sorry man, couldn't resist....

Hope you guys caught it in time & her money is safe! Fookin' scammers.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Tigger,

If you haven't seen the bike in person, I'd stay clear of this deal. I'm paranoid about being scammed so maybe it's just me but this deal doesn't seem right.

You know the saying, if it sounds too good to be true, then usually it is...
Me too! Up until we had her bike in hand and the paperwork was done, I was sure that it was a scam because we found it on Craig's List. Oh well, never again, I can tell you that! She's been on CL for weeks trying to find a 600 and I kept telling her to wait, why waste time when she's not going to buy until next Spring. Then this ad came up and she's been working on me since Thursday to say it was okay.... I have to admit, these guys have a smooth deal going.

Here's the listing...
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/1399974176.html

The Photobucket account...
http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/DavidRVI/

The "EBay" listing has disappeared of course. Man, they have a slick operation, I have to admit! Everything looks perfectly on the up and up, EXCEPT the wire transfer... I told her the the start that she should only use Pay Pal but she wouldn't listen to me. The modified EBay listing promised her 3 days to check the bike out before the funds were released... Now the worst part is that, like all companies these days, her CU didn't process her stop request right away and sat on it for almost 2 hours before sending it through!!! She literally went back to the bank within an hour... Man, I hope that she didn't get screwed!!!

The only "positive" side to this whole thing is that the money she was spending was "free" in the sense that because her parents are divorced, she has three sets of Grandparents and two parents that send her money every month (at least $1000/month), on top of the huge grants that she gets because of her grades and the fact that she is in the medical field. Her classes cost under $2500 and she gets almost $6000 in grants, no bs. Plus she works as a pharmacy tech for Walgreens. She went to Europe this Spring and had almost no money when she got back. She paid her tuition, bought the 250, 3 helmets, three jackets, a helmet for me, her bike insurance (Mom pays for her car), chaps, misc gloves, clothes, paid off her credit cards, etc and she still has (maybe had) $6000 in her account before this deal! Heck, she'll still have $2000 even if she gets fucked with more money coming next semester. It's truly amazing...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #33
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You selling? I would be interested in a clean 04/05 750.....I love the riding position. The 06+ riding position is scrunched up, the tank has a fucked-up shape to it, and you sit on top of the bike instead of in it.
No def not, I love my 05 750....Just would like an additional 250 for the track to play on someday soon.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #34
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
My point is that [insert random name here] is the exception, NOT the rule.
Where have we heard that before?
There is a reason they are rules.

Hopefully they can stop the transaction in time.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #35
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Oh and Kerry, Racer, track guys, etc... here's the thing, when did any of you EVER get the "maximum performance" out of any bike you owned before you upgraded? Kerry, you have a VFR, are you stating that you had gotten the absolute most you could get out of it before you got your GSXR? Oh and you especially, Racer, did you "max out" your last bike before getting that 'Busa? Of course not. None of us have.

:
lol.....maxed out.......naw...........after 9yrs and 54k mi, my wife andi figured i deserved a new bike(she's had 3 in that same time frame).........its not like a rode it 2 mos and 1000 mi. and was "advanced" enough for a new bike.......

best o luck

i bought my bike off of the i-net essetially. contacted w/ dude. sent guy $100 in earnest $, sent my flight info...........took a check for the bike.

his son picked me up from the airport, drove 1 hr back to the house
got the bike prepped for the ride home, thanks TROY
spent the night at dude's house,
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 10-05-2009 at 01:24 PM..
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #36
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Me too! Up until we had her bike in hand and the paperwork was done, I was sure that it was a scam because we found it on Craig's List. Oh well, never again, I can tell you that! She's been on CL for weeks trying to find a 600 and I kept telling her to wait, why waste time when she's not going to buy until next Spring. Then this ad came up and she's been working on me since Thursday to say it was okay.... I have to admit, these guys have a smooth deal going.

Here's the listing...
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/1399974176.html

The Photobucket account...
http://s562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/DavidRVI/

The "EBay" listing has disappeared of course. Man, they have a slick operation, I have to admit! Everything looks perfectly on the up and up, EXCEPT the wire transfer... I told her the the start that she should only use Pay Pal but she wouldn't listen to me. The modified EBay listing promised her 3 days to check the bike out before the funds were released... Now the worst part is that, like all companies these days, her CU didn't process her stop request right away and sat on it for almost 2 hours before sending it through!!! She literally went back to the bank within an hour... Man, I hope that she didn't get screwed!!!

The only "positive" side to this whole thing is that the money she was spending was "free" in the sense that because her parents are divorced, she has three sets of Grandparents and two parents that send her money every month (at least $1000/month), on top of the huge grants that she gets because of her grades and the fact that she is in the medical field. Her classes cost under $2500 and she gets almost $6000 in grants, no bs. Plus she works as a pharmacy tech for Walgreens. She went to Europe this Spring and had almost no money when she got back. She paid her tuition, bought the 250, 3 helmets, three jackets, a helmet for me, her bike insurance (Mom pays for her car), chaps, misc gloves, clothes, paid off her credit cards, etc and she still has (maybe had) $6000 in her account before this deal! Heck, she'll still have $2000 even if she gets fucked with more money coming next semester. It's truly amazing...
Have you looked at salvage auctions? Buy back on my 08 750 with 3K miles was only $2500.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I'm sorry, but I actually did LOL when I read the "I see your woman has a 750...." comment.

Tigger, really? This chick has been riding since probably before your 'woman' was a teenager. You never cease to amaze me with your stupid comments.
There are very few people on the forum that have said more technically stupid things than you Pleather...everybody, do a post search for this chick and you'll see what I mean! It's not "stupid" it's possibly ill informed. I don't know or even care who is married to whom. BTW I'm sure that he or her could have just as easily informed me of her experience level without a ton of bitchiness from you. He and others put their two cents in about how she hasn't "maxed out" the potential of her current bike. I'm pointing out that I doubt that his woman (or he, for that matter) have ever reached the maximum potential of their previous bikes either before they traded.

The hypocrite level that revolves around this type of discussion is boundless.
"I started on a VFR but everyone else should start on a 250", " Your girl should stay on a 250 even though mine traded hers in after 6 months", etc.The fact that she has been riding for 3 three years or more does not change the fact that when she felt that she was ready, she upgraded. Which is my point. There will always be someone that thought she should have waited longer to get a different bike no matter how long she waited. There are other people whose wives started on 883's Sportsters. Busas or R6s and did fine.

Hey and just because your stupid ass couldn't handle your 250 without fucking up doesn't mean that no one can! The possibility does exist that my girl has more "talent" or innate ability than you or your friend. Maybe not, maybe she just wants to ride on the street and not do any track days. Maybe she wants to do 90 mph on the freeway without redlining the bike... Regardless, whenever something like this comes up, there are always people with 600s, 750s, 1000s and 'Busas trying to convince other people that they shouldn't get a bigger bike.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 10-05-2009 at 01:33 PM..
Old 10-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #38
RACER X
AMA Supersport

who talkin maxed? other then you.........
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Have you looked at salvage auctions? Buy back on my 08 750 with 3K miles was only $2500.
Yea, I've considered them. Heck, my bike was only $1200 when I bought it back. I tried to tell her to wait but oh well, we'll see how it all turns out in the end. My plan was to go and trade hers in on a used 600 next Spring. There's a dealer in Raleigh that has a brand new '08 GSXR600 he's moving for about $6500. I figured that even if they only give her $2000-2500 for her bike, she could pull under $5k out of pocket and be set!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #40
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
My plan was to go and trade hers in on a used 600 next Spring. :
sounds like an excellant plan, though as you well know you'll get more selling it yourself.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.