Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

one of the biggest pluses I found, didn't think of prior to was that with the suspension and tires allow me to not even give a second thought about the road conditions or weather... (no real worry about gravel or standing water)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
one of the biggest pluses I found, didn't think of prior to was that with the suspension and tires allow me to not even give a second thought about the road conditions or weather... (no real worry about gravel or standing water)
I still think you shoulda went down that embankment at the lodge at last years rally...Lol
Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I still think you shoulda went down that embankment at the lodge at last years rally...Lol
it wasn't the embankment that bugged me... it was the fact that it would have been an asshole move to the owners
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I went from a TL1000R to a Road Star Warrior (sportbike to power cruiser for those not familiar with the models)

I wanted something a little more laid back...where I didn't feel like the bike was wasted at commuting speeds.
It worked for a while and the Warrior gave me a smile every time I rode it.
I later decided to trade it in on the Buell I have now, because I had wanted a Buell for a long time and the 'fire sale' was on. Figured it was then or never.

In hindsight, I should have probably just held out and gone for what I want now.

Last edited by Adeptus_Minor; 02-21-2011 at 10:04 AM..
Adeptus_Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I currently have 4 bikes, each of different ilks, and the next was a progression of the bike before it.

I'll mention just the bikes I have now. The ones before were all sportbikes.

The TLR is a great around town bike. I took it on a 3500 mile week long trip to Florida. That gave me the sport touring bug, but I realized that I needed something a little more comfortable.

Enter the Busa. Picked this up 3 months after the TLR Florida trip. GPS, satellite radio, hard bags, and 70,000 miles later, it's the perfect sport tourer for me. Over the course of 70,000 miles and 49 states on the Busa, I got the itch to ride to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Can't do over 800 miles of gravel on the Busa easily, so it was time to go shopping.

Enter the KLR. It will suck to ride 10,000 miles in one trip on, but 800 miles of the trip this year, the KLR will be the perfect tool for the job. It's actually fun as hell to ride, so I'm pretty sure I'll keep it and explore some more off-road around here.

While doing 49 states on the Busa, I had time to think about what my next touring type bike would be. I specifically decided I wouldn't get another touring bike until after I did all 49 states on the Busa. Just a little thing I told myself. I polished off the full 49 states last May. So, time to think seriously about the next bike. The BMW came along at the right place and the right time, so I snagged it up from Troy. It is an amazing bike, and I fully expect to continue my touring on that bike and rack up a ton of miles on it too.

Each bike has a defined role and purpose. At least, that's what I tell myself to justify owning 4 motorcycles.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

What ever helps you sleep at night rex...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote