Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default Tires, Tires, Tires

What do you think, Conti Road Attacks or Pirelli Diablo Stradas? I can get them for the same price and here on monday.

My Roads are toast- or they will be after this weekend. DO NOT want anything like them. The front profile doesn't work well on the 650R. Got 7,000-ish miles on them now.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
What do you think, Conti Road Attacks or Pirelli Diablo Stradas? I can get them for the same price and here on monday.

My Roads are toast- or they will be after this weekend. DO NOT want anything like them. The front profile doesn't work well on the 650R. Got 7,000-ish miles on them now.
I've read good things on the conti road attacks. http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews...oad-attack.php
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I've read good things on the conti road attacks. http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews...oad-attack.php
I have too. A lot of guys on my other forum use them.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I have heard good things about Avon Storm STs, I almost got them as strictly street tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Just ordered the Diablo Stradas. Rave reviews from probably 90% of SB forum. Supposedly, the Stradas have great grip and still go for 8,000+ miles- downside is the solid rubber on the center of the rear makes it hard to tell when they're done. They almost have to be better than the Roads.

My front tire is worn all the way to the edge, but the rear has 1/2"+ strips. I'm convinced that played a large part in my lowside. Could be only the combination of those tires on this specific model bike. Only good thing is that the front didn't cup like the BT020s, and steering is still decent instead of slowing way down. They have decent grip for a sport touring tire, but that's at 3psi below stock, and lower pressure definitely decreased the life expectancy. Higher pressure would yield better mileage, but less grip.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 08-08-2008 at 06:41 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

strada's are what I have... though only was able to put 400 miles on them before I left... worked great... not a single slip... unlike my dunslops.... but then again I'm not press'n hard... miles away from dragg'n a knee
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
strada's are what I have... though only was able to put 400 miles on them before I left... worked great... not a single slip... unlike my dunslops.... but then again I'm not press'n hard... miles away from dragg'n a knee
I think I've been close, but without footage, who the hell knows- I generally try not to. And I'm usually too busy trying to feel what the fucking front tire is doing. Very wearing, making sure the bike is going to stay upright in spite of the tires. Can't wait to get them off.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #8
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have heard good things about Avon Storm STs, I almost got them as strictly street tires.
Thats the other one I keep hearing great things about. Right now its a toss up between those and the PR2s.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:40 AM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Haven't heard much about the Storms. Actually what I have heard is that Avon is for cruisers and touring rigs. I originally wanted the Road 2s, but after my experience with the Roads, it's time for something different.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Haven't heard much about the Storms. Actually what I have heard is that Avon is for cruisers and touring rigs. I originally wanted the Road 2s, but after my experience with the Roads, it's time for something different.
When I went looking for a better commuter tire with the option of hitting twisties, I got a lot of good responses from people who have run Storms. Basically if you are looking for a PP in a touring tire, you aren't going to find it. The Road 2s are not that great from what I have heard in the mileage arena and grip, so and most people choose to run the PP front instead of the Road 2 front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote