Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 01-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #21
Alicia
Wall Decal Expert

Moto: 2003 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
It takes way less than 20 seconds to compare a GM to a Lexus/Toyota/Nissan and see that GM is a rolling pile of shit by comparison. :P

My biggest gripe about GM is their interiors. Ditch the cheap looking plastic (even in the Corvettes ) and spend some time and money making the interiors look better. It's where any buyer is going to spend the majority of their time.
To each their own.
Alicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #22
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
u asked for an opion not for a reasoning for the opinion

sry next time i wont give my input whether i know from facts or just from what i have heard

oh and when cars are valeted they dont always go straight to the back if you catch my drift

Sorry my bad...I'm assuming u are the mofo that got caught fuckin around with some dudes car? On video? LOL

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #23
Chris S
Kneedragger

Moto: '07 KTM Super Duke (for sale), '07 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Actually the Caddy STS is identical in dimensions to the CTS, but its 5 inches longer and 1 inch taller.
Way to contradict yourself within the same sentence!
Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #24
Chris S
Kneedragger

Moto: '07 KTM Super Duke (for sale), '07 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Just out of curiosity why are you selling the Superduke and what do you want for it?
Since I had my first child in mid-Oct., I'd like to mitigate my risk by restricting my riding to dirt bikes and sticking w/ sports cars for fun in the twisties.

I'm asking $10,495, and that's w/ Akra Evo exhaust and many other goodies. Only around 2,700 miles, too. It's the best street bike I've ever ridden, bar none!

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/968188018.html

Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:56 AM   #25
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Actually the Caddy STS is identical in dimensions to the CTS, but its 5 inches longer and 1 inch taller. The Lexus is 70.6 width vs. 72.6.

And reliablity...

http://autos.nytimes.com/2008/Lexus/...chRatings.aspx

http://autos.nytimes.com/2008/Cadill...chRatings.aspx
when i said land barge i was refferring to its purpose not its size. i stand by my statement. the is can do things that caddy never could

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
CTS-V FTW. That LS2 engine is SICK.
sorry this test was multiple choice and you cant make any write ins. fail
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Lexus... hands down... made by toyota... can't go wrong... caddy may be nicer... but if I was investing my money... the lexus will hold it's value longer and be more reliable.
A was talking to a girl I went to high school with. She a Toyota and she was complaining about it breaking down. She had to send it to the shop. I talked to her later in that week and asked if her car was fixed. She said that she spent over $1000 to get it fixed. I think it was closer to $1500. Then the next day the transmission went on it.

There is not a car on the road that will not break down at some point.

Without driving them both first I would pick the Caddy.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Very true... there's lemons of every brand... no doubt. but Toyota has it's rep for a reason. I wonder what the issue was with her car... just from general curiosity...

I've owned several Toyotas, Three GM's, and a Mitsubishi... two of the GMS were complete shit... the third was fine for me... but gave the people I sold it to nothing but problems... which sucks cause they're my parents. The Mitsubishi was great up until the transmission went out... then it crumbled. The Toyotas... worst I've had was a blown head gasket... and that was on a motor with 370,000 original miles.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #28
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Very true... there's lemons of every brand... no doubt. but Toyota has it's rep for a reason. I wonder what the issue was with her car... just from general curiosity...

I've owned several Toyotas, Three GM's, and a Mitsubishi... two of the GMS were complete shit... the third was fine for me... but gave the people I sold it to nothing but problems... which sucks cause they're my parents. The Mitsubishi was great up until the transmission went out... then it crumbled. The Toyotas... worst I've had was a blown head gasket... and that was on a motor with 370,000 original miles.
I can't remember the problems that were there before the transmission when. But it was more then one problem.

I just find it funny when someone says "You can't go wrong with XXXXXX". I don't care what brand it its, they all break. If a company can come out with a car that doesn't break and is within reach price wise with the avg person then the other companies are screwed.

I had a customer at my detail shop. He said he was buying a car for his daughter. I knew he owned an old Dodge muscle car so I thought he would be going domestic. He said he was looking for a Honda and said you can't go wrong with a Honda. I tried not to laugh. He gave the car to me when he bought it and I detailed it before he gave it to his daughter. Over the next year he paid a few hundred dollars more in repairs then what he paid for the car and was still having a few problems. He said he wanted to sell it. I was thinking that he had almost everything replaced now so he should just keep the thing. It was all because of the belief that Hondas are reliable and don't cost much to run. It was an old Honda.

My in laws bought a 98 Nissan Maxima in I think 2002. I liked the Maxima myself but I just couldn't bring myself to pay what they wanted for them. I bought a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue that was fully loaded. For what I paid for it I would have had to buy a 96 Maxima and it still would have had more kms. During the time we owned these cars we both has problems. Like I said they all break. But I think I was happier with my car. My father in law thought my car had nicer leather then his. And mine had some features his didn't have. In the end I think mine cost less then his and I did have a transmission problem with mine.

A friend bought a Prelude and had so many problems with that car it wasn't funny.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:58 AM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The Lexus period, just because of looks. Both the IS and LS are so fricking hot looking.

The Caddy looks OK, but too square IMO.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 AM   #30
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Without driving either, I'd say Caddy.

And for the record, I've owned three Toyotas, three Fords, and five GMs. Of them all, the GMs have been the most reliable, and only the Toyotas have ever left me stranded.