Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I agree with Kell
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #22
was92v
Nowhere Man

Not having a bike to ride would do it.

Aside from that, I go on gut. I have quit for periods because I got the feeling that I needed to. Can't explain it, it just seemed like the right thing to do. Then pick back up when that seemed right. Weird, but that's just me.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Im not sure.

I'd like to say nothing.

But if I loved a woman, and she suffered some horrible tragedy because of them, like say, dad dying on a bike, and they made her uncomfortable, then yes, I would probably give them up.

Some girl who's just got the ignorant 'bikes are dangerous' attitude, I probably wouldnt bother with in the first place.

I have no idea what the future brings. I would give up my bike before i'd give up my snowmobile. I love riding, but its not the magical thing it was when I was 21 on the rc51.

That said, I got my first streetbike, an 01 RC51, leftover in 02, and I havent gone a summer without a bike yet. Though this summer I couldnt ride cuz of burns, and I really didnt miss it horribly. But, I also knew there was no way I could ride, wether I wanted to or not.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Im not sure.

I'd like to say nothing.

But if I loved a woman, and she suffered some horrible tragedy because of them, like say, dad dying on a bike, and they made her uncomfortable, then yes, I would probably give them up.

Some girl who's just got the ignorant 'bikes are dangerous' attitude, I probably wouldnt bother with in the first place.

I have no idea what the future brings. I would give up my bike before i'd give up my snowmobile. I love riding, but its not the magical thing it was when I was 21 on the rc51.

That said, I got my first streetbike, an 01 RC51, leftover in 02, and I havent gone a summer without a bike yet. Though this summer I couldnt ride cuz of burns, and I really didnt miss it horribly. But, I also knew there was no way I could ride, wether I wanted to or not.

have you tried different types of riding?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
have you tried different types of riding?
Yes. unfortunately theres no nearby track, which blows. But ive had 2 liter bikes before the harley, and ive been across the country on an rc51 (fast too). Had dirt bikes when i was young. And rode quads most of my life.

My next bike is a Busa. I do want more power than I have now.

Riding just doesnt make me excited like it used to. I still love it, but I'd trade bikes for eternal winter and deep powder sledding in a second.

Last edited by Apoc; 11-26-2009 at 10:01 PM..
Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

well you're in the proper place for it!

I did have a blast riding on the sled when I was in AK... dunno if i could give up my bike for it though.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #27
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
well you're in the proper place for it!
Werd..

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #28
MILK
The cows want you dead.

I stopped in July. I will be selling my bike but haven't been able to make myself place ad one yet. I may get a dirtbike or something later so my son and I will have something to do together but I haven't decided.

I can not die and have my ex raise my son. There is something really wrong with him. I haven't wanted to ride since he became my ex. I haven't missed it at all. I also promised my mom I would stop.

I will start riding again when my son is older and can fend for himself better.

Last edited by MILK; 11-27-2009 at 09:47 AM..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #29
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I stopped riding for a few years due to an accident and severe injuries.

The MAIN reason was due to my employment. They paid me for 4 months while I was out of work and kept my job open for me and never even had me deal with disibility which was a cool thing for them to do.

I was on crutches for 9 months which hampered me from performing my job to the fullest imho BUT I was able to compensate and still get it done.

I was told however that if it were to happen again that they wouldn't be so accomodating...so that definitely made me hesitate to ride.

After a few years I got the fever again and just couldn't help it...so far...so good.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #30
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Only money or debilitating health issues could stop me from riding.

Nothing else (kids, spouse, etc.) would stop me.

Plus ONE! (omg you people are evil turning the + one sign into that! LMAO!!)

In the past, the only thing that has stopped me is money. Had to sell a bike because I needed the money and it was a bit before I could afford another one. But I usually find a way to ride. Either friends or boyfriends had bikes I could ride until I got my own again.
acalliste is offline   Reply With Quote