Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

They just may be to blame, I can't really say. I don't know that much.

But, I'd just hazard to guess that a multi-cultural, major sea-port hub state, staffed in large part by migrant workers, and the center on much of the entire left coast's economic activity (and the center of the computer, music, and movie universes) might have unique economic needs and issues.

No?

Just sayin'

I don't think it's as simple as "blame the liberals" [101's knee-jerk catch-all]. That's absurd.

Last edited by Avatard; 12-10-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #32
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Calii has been sinking for years under Democratic leadership...They're so dumb, they let Enron shut off their power for f sake...They have local leader so corrupt, they didn't e even notice their paychecks were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars...

They have an action star for a Gov, and just re-elected the abysmal Barbara Boxer...You think Florida is dumb?...Cali holds the patent on stupidity...They get what they deserve...
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #33
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
They just may be to blame, I can't really say. I don't know that much.

But, I'd just hazard to guess that a multi-cultural, major sea-port hub state, staffed in large part by migrant workers, and the center on much of the entire left coast's economic activity (and the center of the computer, music, and movie universe) might have unique economic needs and issues.
Let's be real... if CA was run by the Reps for the past 40 years you'd hammer them regardless of your level of understanding of their economics.

It's funny, in a lot of ways we think the same about some of this shit... the libertarian mindset... But for some reason you take every opportunity to bash the Reps, but largely give the Dems a pass. Here we are in a thread about a state who's leadership has been failing them for decades and regardless of the fact that it has been run by Dem's since 1970, you make excuses to give them some sort of pass (or at least are avoiding condeming them).

Seriously, I don't pretend to know a lot, or really much of anything about California politics, but this shit didn't happen over night and the people in charge have failed every step along the way... Regardless of what political system you subscribe to, you gotta be able to put the blame where it belongs.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #34
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Let's be real... if CA was run by the Reps for the past 40 years you'd hammer them regardless of your level of understanding of their economics.

It's funny, in a lot of ways we think the same about some of this shit... the libertarian mindset... But for some reason you take every opportunity to bash the Reps, but largely give the Dems a pass. Here we are in a thread about a state who's leadership has been failing them for decades and regardless of the fact that it has been run by Dem's since 1970, you make excuses to give them some sort of pass (or at least are avoiding condeming them).
Because at least they say what they're trying to do...they're not nearly the fucking hypocrites that the Republicans are. The fucking Republicans come on like they care about Jeebus, abortion, and gays, but that's just to get the poor stupid god-fearing folk on board.

The truth is, they're a bunch of rich fucking bankers (as proven by the current "hostage" situation). They say they're fiscally conservative, but then they spend like drunken sailors (spending the country's money, BTW, not theirs).

I wouldn't say I give Dems a pass. They don't exactly flip my fucking skirt up either, because, as you said yourself, I am more Libertarian leaning than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Seriously, I don't pretend to know a lot, or really much of anything about California politics, but this shit didn't happen over night and the people in charge have failed every step along the way... Regardless of what political system you subscribe to, you gotta be able to put the blame where it belongs.
Like I said, California is more than an island state...it is the hub and center of so much in this country, and to treat it like that doesn't factor into it (and the state's current situation, as perhaps is this country, in microcosm) is rather disingenuous.

Perhaps the Federal government needs to send more money their way, because the state is just so pivotal to this country's survival and operation...much like NYC, and the surrounding areas in the East.

Last edited by Avatard; 12-10-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Old 12-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #35
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Because at least they say what they're trying to do...they're not nearly the fucking hypocrites that the Republicans are. The fucking Republicans come on like they care about Jeebus, abortion, and gays, but that's just to get the poor stupid god-fearing folk on board.

The truth is, they're a bunch of rich fucking bankers (as proven by the current "hostage" situation). They say they're fiscally conservative, but then they spend like drunken sailors (spending the country's money, BTW, not theirs).

I wouldn't say I give Dems a pass. They don't exactly flip my fucking skirt up either, because, as you said yourself, I am more Libertarian leaning than anything.

Like I said, California is more than an island state...it is the hub and center of so much in this country, and to treat it like that doesn't factor into it (and the state's current situation, as perhaps is this country, in microcosm) is rather disingenuous.

Perhaps the Federal government needs to send more money their way, because the state is just so pivotal to this country's survival and operation...much like NYC, and the surrounding areas in the East.
If any more of our money goes to that cesspit their votes and seats need to be stripped from Them and equally distributed among the more responsible 49
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #36
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If any more of our money goes to that cesspit their votes and seats need to be stripped from Them and equally distributed among the more responsible 49
A lot of other states are in the midst of budget crises as well so I wouldn't label all the other 49 more responsible. California just gets the most hype because their deficit is, I believe, the largest.

Either way I think it is a bit funny Avatard is complaining on one hand about how Republicans spend money we don't have like drunken sailors, but on the other hand is advocating spending money we don't have on California because that state can't be responsible.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #37
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

I'm just saying that perhaps because of the scope of what California provides this country is so large, that perhaps its burdens have been greater, and the country may need to share in the effort. Think about all that California is the center of; computers, the movie AND music industries. A major west coast port and distribution center, as well as a huge agricultural industry. It also has a HUGE coastline, and a very high population density.

It is unique among states, and I would say that its problems in this downturn are probably understandably just as unique,

Can't blame one group, or one thing.

Last edited by Avatard; 12-10-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
A lot of other states are in the midst of budget crises as well so I wouldn't label all the other 49 more responsible. California just gets the most hype because their deficit is, I believe, the largest.

Either way I think it is a bit funny Avatard is complaininnog on one hand about how Republicans spend money we don't have like drunken sailors, but on the other hand is advocating spending money we don't have on California because that state can't be responsible.
True enough. Examples are rarely fair when made though.

And yep
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
Calii has been sinking for years under Democratic leadership...They're so dumb, they let Enron shut off their power for f sake...They have local leader so corrupt, they didn't e even notice their paychecks were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars...

They have an action star for a Gov, and just re-elected the abysmal Barbara Boxer...You think Florida is dumb?...Cali holds the patent on stupidity...They get what they deserve...
Cali leaders might be questionable, but in terms of the citizenry, you might want to compare educational stats between Cali and Floriduh....
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #40
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Cali leaders might be questionable
Might be?...Whose fault is it that they're in that hole?...THE LEADERS!

And who put those same people in time and time again?...The dumb people/voters of Cal-ee-forn-ee-ah...

Obviously, that great edumuhcation system isn't helping them make better decisions...
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote