Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #31
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
All possible. But there were two of us, on two different bikes (his was the regular XB9R, and mine was the city cross version), different heights, different builds, same result -- we just felt like we were being shaken like a martini.

Also very possible.

No, Nick & I rode them at bike week last year, so they're demo models - quite possibly ridden hard & put up wet - repeatedly.

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.

The rattle your fillings out feeling is about 1/2 the reason I like Buells... The bike just feels like it wants to do something... Sounds like that something maybe sex with your GF while pulling anal beads out your mom's ass... Buell's fucking rule.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Anytime you make it to Jax (oh and the KTM is running right!) you're welcome to take mine for a spin!

Just be easy on the clutch, they're a LOT more wheelie prone than the ol ZZR!
yeah I'd hope so... took me throw'n 60lbs of shit on the back to get the wheel in the air!

to be honest... I wanna get a dirt bike... as I have 0 off road experience... and it'll get me comfortable with wheelies...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #33
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
yeah I'd hope so... took me throw'n 60lbs of shit on the back to get the wheel in the air!

to be honest... I wanna get a dirt bike... as I have 0 off road experience... and it'll get me comfortable with wheelies...
Um, yeah, maybe the KTM will never be running when you're in town!

jk, if we ever meet and I'm on the KTM you're welcome to take it for a spin. I almost looped the bitch a couple times.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #34
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Um, yeah, maybe the KTM will never be running when you're in town!

jk, if we ever meet and I'm on the KTM you're welcome to take it for a spin. I almost looped the bitch a couple times.
trust me... I won't be riding anyones bike like that... I pulled a couple wheelies on my ZZR... never really got the taste for them...

the only reason I want to learn is to be more adept at handling the motorcycle... so I know what to do... I mean... I know what to do on paper... tap the rear brake... or release the throttle or slip the clutch... but as it happened in my accident... I didn't have that instinctive reaction.

I just thought... uh... shit.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #35
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Suzuki has the Gladiolous or some other goofy ass name like that.

It's not a replacement for the SV, it's a secondary model that uses the same motor.
And it looks like the picked up a lot of styling right off of a entry level Monster
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #36
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
All possible. But there were two of us, on two different bikes (his was the regular XB9R, and mine was the city cross version), different heights, different builds, same result -- we just felt like we were being shaken like a martini.

Also very possible.

No, Nick & I rode them at bike week last year, so they're demo models - quite possibly ridden hard & put up wet - repeatedly.

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.
Buells will seriously walk across smooth pavement at idle...but once under way they are relatively smooth at speed. That is due to the uniplaner mounting system that Erik Buell invented and is now used not only on Buell but Harley-Davidson as well.

But...they aren't for everyone. I just wish more people would do what you did...ride them and then form an opinion...instead of just ripping them with no first hand knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The rattle your fillings out feeling is about 1/2 the reason I like Buells... The bike just feels like it wants to do something... Sounds like that something maybe sex with your GF while pulling anal beads out your mom's ass... Buell's fucking rule.

You know you want another one.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #37
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Yeah, the KTM does that too, except it's a higher pitch, it feels like your feet aren't even on the pegs sometimes!

Yeah then maybe I'm just not made for Buells (or KTMs for that matter!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Awesome analogy, and yet... hmmmm... nope, not for me. I'll stick to the smooth power of the Yamaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
And it looks like the picked up a lot of styling right off of a entry level Monster
It looks like a baby B-king to me -- like a B-King for mere mortals.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #38
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Buells will seriously walk across smooth pavement at idle...but once under way they are relatively smooth at speed. That is due to the uniplaner mounting system that Erik Buell invented and is now used not only on Buell but Harley-Davidson as well.

But...they aren't for everyone. I just wish more people would do what you did...ride them and then form an opinion...instead of just ripping them with no first hand knowledge.
Yeah, it absolutely walked at idle.

See the thing is I LIKE the look of naked bikes and streetfighters; a friend of ours has a white citycross that he's made some mods to (made it even more streetfighter), and it's just a sick looking bike. I LOVE the way it looks, so I wish I loved the way they rode.

I guess if I ever go naked, it'll probably be a Triumph.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #39
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Yeah, it absolutely walked at idle.

See the thing is I LIKE the look of naked bikes and streetfighters; a friend of ours has a white citycross that he's made some mods to (made it even more streetfighter), and it's just a sick looking bike. I LOVE the way it looks, so I wish I loved the way they rode.

I guess if I ever go naked, it'll probably be a Triumph.
I'm a fan of the Speed Triple. They look awesome. It was on my list of 'next' bikes...but is quickly falling off. I just love the characteristics of a vtwin...so more than likely I'll pass on the ST and go with another Buell or possibly a Ducati. Most likely a Buell.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:49 AM   #40
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I'm a fan of the Speed Triple. They look awesome. It was on my list of 'next' bikes...but is quickly falling off. I just love the characteristics of a vtwin...so more than likely I'll pass on the ST and go with another Buell or possibly a Ducati. Most likely a Buell.
I've had a long time love affair with the Speed Triple, and then the Street Triple came along and turned it up a notch. I'd gleefully own either of them (probably the Street over the Speed, if only for the more compact size).

I do love Monsters, but I think Azoomm is the only Duc owner I know who hasn't had a slew of reliability issues.