Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 05-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #71
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Even with HID's I'm not a fan of riding in anything but cities at night... when I did my Indy ride in 08 I rode back from Smilieman's place to the camp ground in Eureka Springs... pitch black... couldn't see through corners so my HID's did fuck all to help. I caught up to a car and rode 1/2 a corner behind so I could see through to see what was going on.

that being said... I only had the two headlight on my ZZR... not the 15 Gas has on his bike alone...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #72
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
Even with HID's I'm not a fan of riding in anything but cities at night... when I did my Indy ride in 08 I rode back from Smilieman's place to the camp ground in Eureka Springs... pitch black... couldn't see through corners so my HID's did fuck all to help. I caught up to a car and rode 1/2 a corner behind so I could see through to see what was going on.

that being said... I only had the two headlight on my ZZR... not the 15 Gas has on his bike alone...
I dont mind cities, and major highways, usually with the wide open spaces and generally long sweeping curves I can easily deal with night riding.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #73
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I dont mind cities, and major highways, usually with the wide open spaces and generally long sweeping curves I can easily deal with night riding.
What realy sucked was when I left the gap from the raly 2 yrs ago, running rt 28 in total darkness, that was rather interesting to say the least.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #74
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Big talker from some guy that never gets out of his own state.
Why should I? So I can stroke my cock to all the bright colored stickers on my map of USandA?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #75
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Why should I? So I can stroke my cock to all the bright colored stickers on my map of USandA?
Hey I guess it works for some people

Say any chance at getting another philly run going, would be good to meet up withthe guys this time around.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #76
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Hey I guess it works for some people

Say any chance at getting another philly run going, would be good to meet up withthe guys this time around.
Not on my bike. Fuck that. But I'll certainly be in or around Philly. This week actually...I'll be in the burbs. Going somewhere in Bucks County Thursday.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #77
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Not on my bike. Fuck that. But I'll certainly be in or around Philly. This week actually...I'll be in the burbs. Going somewhere in Bucks County Thursday.
I am working wed night into thurs and am on fri night but am stuck withthe baby friday so it doesn tlook good for me to get down there this week/weekend. Still milking the paternity leave thing so my may schedule isnt too bad.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #78
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I am working wed night into thurs and am on fri night but am stuck withthe baby friday so it doesn tlook good for me to get down there this week/weekend. Still milking the paternity leave thing so my may schedule isnt too bad.
No prob...I probly won't be going into the city. This is a bullshit evening event I have to cover...I'll be quick to get the fuck home afterwords. Though, I do enjoy a delicious cheesesteak.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #79
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
No prob...I probly won't be going into the city. This is a bullshit evening event I have to cover...I'll be quick to get the fuck home afterwords. Though, I do enjoy a delicious cheesesteak.
Ah bit of a work thing, I def need to get down there for some cheesesteaks though. I will need to harass derf dave and sixxer to go too.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #80
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Ah bit of a work thing, I def need to get down there for some cheesesteaks though. I will need to harass derf dave and sixxer to go too.
Sonny's..Old City. Best steak in town. I need to try Tony Lukes though. I hear mixed reviews.

Quote: