Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #91
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
The notion that smaller is always easier / more docile is inaccurate at best.
Good point, and applies to the 2-fiddy as well. It forces you to work it to maintain momentum, and isn't necessarily easy. And you can still overcook a corner, it's just not as likely to overwhelm a new rider nearly as easily as they're trying to figure out and increase cornering speeds.

Tig - this is what you said in your first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
She has been very unsatisfied with the lack of power from the 250 (really, no) and she's tired of getting left behind. I'm really concerned that she is gonna lose it but all I can do is coach...
I can understand where keeping a 250 wound-out all the time gets old, especially considering your flat-land location. It's just the 'get a bike with more power to go faster and not get left behind' thing that jumped out at me. I know you're concerned about her & will do your best to help her stay safe though - hell, she's probably going to be better off than most of us guys jumping on whatever as our first bike and immediately acting like fools & getting in over our heads!

Any confirmation on whether she's actually lost the money or not?
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #92
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

You could always just send your girl down here...I ride slow enough for a 250 to keep up.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #93
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Who cares, as long as it's fun and avoids productivity?!?
Thankyou!!! Damn, I think that you actually get me Kerry! You've met me, do I seem like someone who cares what other people ride or even what people think? It was raining today and I didn't feel like doing anything so..... I've been arguing on 3 different forums today since about 10...in between, beating Dell out of a new laptop!!! Beating T-Mobile out of a Samsung Memoir (8 meg camera phone ftw!). I also, broke down and called a couple jobs....bleh! The biggest accomplishment I've managed to pull off is NOT saying that I told you so to my GF! I told her from the start that it was a scam, but like I said she broke me down with text after text of buyer protection this and 100% approval rating that.... I posted it on here to see what everyone here thought but I knew that the chances were slim. The worst thing is that she basically lied to me and told me that she had checked his auction with EBay and they had cleared him, bullshit. Oh well, I feel sorry for her but by Sat afternoon, I had promised to go out and try to find her a good deal on a 600 Mon, she couldn't wait so.... Oh well, by Christmas, she'll have another $4-5000 to spend and then we'll see...

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 10-05-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #94
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Good point, and applies to the 2-fiddy as well. It forces you to work it to maintain momentum, and isn't necessarily easy. And you can still overcook a corner, it's just not as likely to overwhelm a new rider nearly as easily as they're trying to figure out and increase cornering speeds.

Tig - this is what you said in your first post:

I can understand where keeping a 250 wound-out all the time gets old, especially considering your flat-land location. It's just the 'get a bike with more power to go faster and not get left behind' thing that jumped out at me. I know you're concerned about her & will do your best to help her stay safe though - hell, she's probably going to be better off than most of us guys jumping on whatever as our first bike and immediately acting like fools & getting in over our heads!

Any confirmation on whether she's actually lost the money or not?

Aw now you've gone and taken all the crazy out of this thread...thanks a lot!!!

Yea maybe, I didn't say it right but she is a gifted rider, seriously. Her corner entry is very good and what little brakes she uses is mostly done for mid corner correction purposes. She is a trail braking bitch!!! If we go through a 35 mph "curvey" section of road she barely touches her brakes and will do them at about 70 mph consistently. To be honest, I need to work with her on her body positioning, she tends to stay on the bike MSF style and just lay it over to get around the corner-mostly okay when your top speed is 90, not so good when it's 160... I'm not exaggerating when I say that the corners are gone on her rear tire.

As far as her money goes, it's hard to say... her Credit Union and Chase (bought Washington Mutual) are working on it. I'm guessing that it's gone myself.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #95
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcutt2 View Post
You could always just send your girl down here...I ride slow enough for a 250 to keep up.
Hey I don't leave her, she just knows from riding on the back that I can go a lot faster... I guess that that was a poor choice of words on my part... It's not how I feel about it and she didn't actually say it in that way so...
Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #96
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Aw now you've gone and taken all the crazy out of this thread...thanks a lot!!!
My bad.

Any chick that hasn't done at least 50k on a 125cc wound-out at 18-grand is a squidette with an irresponsible assclown for a boyfriend!!!

Better?

That sucks if the funds are really gone - you'd think that since it's an electronic transfer which was almost immediately identified as fraudulent, there would be (definitely should be) a way to reverse it.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #97
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
My bad.

Any chick that hasn't done at least 50k on a 125cc wound-out at 18-grand is a squidette with an irresponsible assclown for a boyfriend!!!

Better?

That sucks if the funds are really gone - you'd think that since it's an electronic transfer which was almost immediately identified as fraudulent, there would be (definitely should be) a way to reverse it.
Yea I think things are looking up somewhat, from what I can tell the transfer can be recalled. Also, the guy has sent two more messages saying that the bike has been shipped and he gave her a phone number to call if she has questions... I'm sure that he is trying to prevent any suspicion or buyers remorse with leads me to believe that he's concerned that she'll reverse the transaction. This guy has balls, I emailed him about the bike and he tried to direct me to his EBay auction as well...
Old 10-06-2009, 06:26 PM   #98
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

So WTF happened with the scam??

i could care a less about the 250 debate...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #99
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I am honestly not trying to be a jerk about this. But on our CL it says in ginormous bold font right on top: OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT

Is that not on all Sale sections?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #100
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I am honestly not trying to be a jerk about this. But on our CL it says in ginormous bold font right on top: OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT

Is that not on all Sale sections?
I dont recall seeing that on ours, but to not be able to see this as a scam from a mile away is unbelievable.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote