Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #31
Ol' Man Rider
Got Busa???

Moto: 07 ZX-6R (track) Busa on Spray (street/strip) 110 mini-motard

My ex was 4'11" with a 27" inseam and she could flat foot my busa. It's only 1.5" lower than stock and has a stock seat.
Ol' Man Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #32
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

The wife's inseam comes in at roughly 28", you all measuring with or without shoes?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #33
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
The wife's inseam comes in at roughly 28", you all measuring with or without shoes?
She can also get a thick soled boot to wear to help her touch. If I tried riding with regular boots or shoes, the only way I'd be able to touch is to slide my butt off the seat and tip toe one side (which I still sometimes do).

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #34
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Any recommendations in terms of boots? I'd like to find something with a thick sole on the front of the boot since that's what will count when she's on her toes lol....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #35
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Any recommendations in terms of boots? I'd like to find something with a thick sole on the front of the boot since that's what will count when she's on her toes lol....
Latex or leather... thigh high.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #36
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
When I started riding my SV, I tried several different types of boots. I find that touring or cruiser boots work better for me. Not only do I look for a thicker sole, but something that I can feel confident in when I put one foot down in the wet (I don't ride much in the rain, but it never fails that I'll get stuck in it from time to time). I have a huge fear of putting that one foot down and slip under me. At one time I found a work boot from Wal Mart that worked well. I found a pair of Joe Rocket Powerglides soon after that were even better (I haven't seen this model in a couple of years so I don't think they make them anymore). Right now I'm in a pair of Sidi sport touring boots, but I need a new pair. The problem I find with boots is since I mainly put just one foot down (even push with the one foot if I'm on level ground backing up), that the sole on that foot (my left) wears fast. I don't drag my feet, always lift as soon as the bike begins to move and don't drag my feet when I stop, yet I still wear out the sole of the left side side super quick.

Another consideration when buying boots with a thicker sole is if they're too thick, you may not be able to shift well in them. It's an aggrivating process finding a pair of boots that meet my criteria - must have a slightly thicker sole than most boots, must be non skid/slips (and just because they say they are doesn't mean they are!), and I must be able to shift well.

What size does she wear? I'll begin looking for a new of boots for myself in the next week or so (hitting the clearances!) and can PM you links of what I find.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #37
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
The trick is to not rely on the boots - anything with good ankle protection won't allow you to point your toe. And, if the sole is too thick she won't be able to get it between the lever and the peg. I know, not easy.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #38
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Not a problem for me...I am 5'11''.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #39
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
As mentioned, confidence is KEY. If she is comfortable riding, she can ride anything, regardless of height or bike, but until she gets there, go ahead and lower that bike.
you are right - and confident rider can ride almost anything, but it's hard for some people to gain confidence if they don't feel safe while stopping... heck, after 20 something years I still don't feel confident to ride my hubbies KTM with 37.5 inches

The 620 Monster is a very easy bike to ride and I am (was) able to flat foot the bike with 2 feet at stock height (30 inch inseam) - getting it lowered will even make it easier.

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #40
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
She likes the ducati 620, we plan to sit on a few at the dealership in Charlotte, we ran out of time today.
She's too proud to start on a beater cruiser?

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote