Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #21
Bassplayer
No, I dont play drums too

Moto: SV 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
the ER-6n was the naked version of the 650r in Europe... they bringing it to the US? there was a big cry for it a year or so ago...
i kinda like it... i dunno yet tho
Old 09-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #22
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

The 6r is a solid looking machine.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #23
Bassplayer
No, I dont play drums too

Moto: SV 650

yea, it looks beefy. I like naked bikes. (sv)
so this would be cool.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #24
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayer View Post
http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=373

what is that!
Kawi ER-6n ? its a 650...
It's the Euro naked 650R- they also got the ER-6f which is our 650R. I like it a lot, and if it were a question of buying an '09, I'd go with the -6n over the fugly new 650R.

The '07-'08 600RR is hot- The blue/silver tiger stripe color was sexy. Honda just needs to ditch the stupid stalk signals up front. Kawi has had it right for a while- integrate those suckers into the fairing. Doesn't look like Honda changed the 09s much.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 09-21-2008 at 09:23 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #25
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

kawasaki gives me yet another reason to exclaim that the 2003/2004 zx6 is by far the best looking model, IMO of course.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
kawasaki gives me yet another reason to exclaim that the 2003/2004 zx6 is by far the best looking model, IMO of course.
i really never dug the bowtie lights
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

hmm another interesting thing about the new 6r: the top of the fuel tank is concave, supposedly so you can get a tighter tuck. however the size and depth of it make me think that this bikes gonna be popular with the stunter crowd as one fewer thing to prep
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #28
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

It really seems to me that all the Japanese sportbike design guru's have gone the way of Chris Bangle at BMW. They took about 6 too many hits of acids and now think angular, classically ugly styling is now the new hotness. It's not.
And it is apparently illegal for any of the big 4 Jap firms to make a sportbike exhaust that isn't hideous and which kills any flow the designer may have forgotten to stamp out.
Italians, Brits and Austrians are the only ones making good looking sportbikes now. Shame.
Don't even get me started on Buells. Kat and I were walking around at Indy and happened on the new 1125 stopped us in our tracks....Jesus Christ those air intakes are just horrific. Did they not look at the bike before sending it off to production? You've got be majorly loyal to the brand or just not give a damn how your bike looks to ride one. Whichever aftermarket firm finds a subtle replacement for the air ducts will make millions.

Last edited by PiZdETS; 09-22-2008 at 06:39 AM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

None of the big 4 is designing those exhaust pipes, the government is. That's not gonna change. In fact, they might get bigger as emissions regulations tighten.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
It really seems to me that all the Japanese sportbike design guru's have gone the way of Chris Bangle at BMW. They took about 6 too many hits of acids and now think angular, classically ugly styling is now the new hotness. It's not.
And it is apparently illegal for any of the big 4 Jap firms to make a sportbike exhaust that isn't hideous and which kills any flow the designer may have forgotten to stamp out.
Italians, Brits and Austrians are the only ones making good looking sportbikes now. Shame.
Don't even get me started on Buells. Kat and I were walking around at Indy and happened on the new 1125 stopped us in our tracks....Jesus Christ those air intakes are just horrific. Did they not look at the bike before sending it off to production? You've got be majorly loyal to the brand or just not give a damn how your bike looks to ride one. Whichever aftermarket firm finds a subtle replacement for the air ducts will make millions.
I agree... though the 1125r's pods (for the radiator not air intake) are for dual purpose... they act as frame sliders in a down.. they're less than $100 so not a bad design actually
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote