Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
Look, this whole thing is ridiculous, ok. People need to stop look at sports as a business. These men are paid to preform everyday. we also need to remember that they are human beings and risk injury and illness everyday. unfortunately major league sports has to understand the line between cheating and healing. I stand behind what I have always said...It is bullshit if a sports player has an illness and can't walk into any drug store and buy sudafed or asprin to help alleviate the symptoms because he risks a 50 game suspension because people think he is cheating because a banned substance shows up.

here is an idea folks...next time you have a headache or cold...do nothing and see how it feels and then go to the gym for two hours and do a normal workout and remember that this is the life of an athlete. because that is what i get from most people...these guys are paid millions so they SHOULD have to suck it up.
A sports player can't go to a drug store and buy sudafed or asprin because some of the chemicals they contain can give them an unfair advantage. What is MLB supposed to do when someone tests positive? If the guy shows up with half a box of sudafed everything is cool?

Cry me a river about the life of an athlete. If they don't like the lifestyle being a professional athlete requires there are other career paths that might suit them better.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Look, Curb. This guy was taking gonadatropin. Look it up. The motherfucker was cheating. Fuck him. I like Manny. But he got caught. he is being made an example.

Don't compare what he was takin to Tylenol. he knew it was illegal. Time to pay the piper
ontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Look, Curb. This guy was taking gonadatropin. Look it up. The motherfucker was cheating. Fuck him. I like Manny. But he got caught. he is being made an example.

Don't compare what he was takin to Tylenol. he knew it was illegal. Time to pay the piper
ok fine...what i've read about this whole thing there was no talk of what he had taken. now that it has come out what he had taken (and i looked it up) he deserves what he got.

and i'm done with this subject now

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #14
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

Any athlete, especially one making 25 mil per year, should have a support system that knows the rules.

If an athlete gets injured and he/she seeks medical care, they should have their provider go to the governing body with the diagnosis and regimen of treatment to work out an acceptable plan to avoid this situation.

No way MLB would not have worked with one of their top players who puts fans in seats to allow for treatment for injury. He was cheating and got caught. He has thrown his career away, not lost it.

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #15
t-homo
WSB Champion

I ed at what it was he was taking. Womens fertility drug.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #16
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
Any athlete, especially one making 25 mil per year, should have a support system that knows the rules.

If an athlete gets injured and he/she seeks medical care, they should have their provider go to the governing body with the diagnosis and regimen of treatment to work out an acceptable plan to avoid this situation.

No way MLB would not have worked with one of their top players who puts fans in seats to allow for treatment for injury. He was cheating and got caught. He has thrown his career away, not lost it.
MLB actually does have provisions in their drug testing policy for special cases. If a player has a medical issue that requires a drug on the banned substances list he can go to MLB and request a specific exception for himself.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #17
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
Look, this whole thing is ridiculous, ok. People need to stop look at sports as a business. These men are paid to preform everyday.
Tell the owners its not a business. Especially when you look at the Rays last year. As much as I hate the Rays (for their bandwagon fans and for beating Boston), their story is pretty incredible. The guy who bought em was a 29 year old who had made all of his money in business and on the stock market, but loved baseball and wanted to make it his business. Look it up sometime. The full story is awesome.

What is the difference between them performing their "job" and you? Either way, you are getting paid for what you are hired to do. Look at is as a business and you will see its not much difference at all.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

Who? Oh.. Yeah I don't give a fuck about baseball.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #19
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Who? Oh.. Yeah I don't give a fuck about baseball.
Woman.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #20
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Hockey...FTW!

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote