Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 06-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Rider
Moto GP Star

Default Nick Montana commits to Huskies

Go UW!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4247770

Nick Montana, the son of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, has committed to play football at Washington and will sign a letter of intent in February, The Seattle Times reported.Montana, a senior quarterback at Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, Calif., visited the Washington campus last weekend along with his parents and met with new coach Steve Sarkisian, according to the report. Montana's family has known Sarkisian since he worked at USC, where he coached NFL quarterbacks Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez.

"He's an awesome coach," Montana said, according to the report. "You just have to look at all the guys he's put into the pros."

He had also considered Notre Dame, his father's alma mater, as well as LSU, Ohio State, Stanford, shitville and Georgia, according to the report.

Montana had planned to use much of the summer to make a decision, but said the visit to UW "made everything a lot easier. It cleared everything up," the Times reported.

Last week, one of Washington's best prep QB prospects, Jake Heaps of Skyline High School in Sammamish, committed to BYU. But Montana said that had no bearing on his decision, the newspaper reported.

"Not at all," he said, according to the Times. "I just wanted to see the place firsthand."

Heaps and Montana will face each other on the field when Skyline hosts Oaks Christian on Sept. 18.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

What a waste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

So these kids are juniors? How can they sign letters of intent now when signing day is in march?

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
So these kids are juniors? How can they sign letters of intent now when signing day is in march?

Tom
Verbal commitment. LOI is signed in February.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Verbal commitment. LOI is signed in February.
Interesting, I didnt know juniors could do that, or I guess theyre seniors now if school is over up there.

Tom
Old 06-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Interesting, I didnt know juniors could do that, or I guess theyre seniors now if school is over up there.

Tom
they do it all the time because a verbal is meaningless, some reneg on the verbal and sign LOI with other colleges. I heard of a kid moving on from the 8th grade give a verbal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Tom
A few years back, Kevin Grady From East Grand Rapids HS verbally committed to UM his sophomore year, maybe even his freshman year.(I think he played varsity as a freshmen). He broke all kinds of state records in HS, now look at him. He has had less a than impressive college career.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Montanas kids got a lot against him having a famous father who was on eof the best QB's ever. there will always be comparisons. look at Elways kid, he gave up football.

Tom
Old 06-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Montanas kids got a lot against him having a famous father who was on eof the best QB's ever. there will always be comparisons. look at Elways kid, he gave up football.

Tom
Yeah but look at the Manning brothers, They have had far better careers than their dad. I hate them with a passion, but they are good.

I don't compare players based on what their famous father did. Everyone plays to their own ability. I judge them on what they can do on the field not who they are related to.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah but look at the Manning brothers, They have had far better careers than their dad. I hate them with a passion, but they are good.

I don't compare players based on what their famous father did. Everyone plays to their own ability. I judge them on what they can do on the field not who they are related to.

True but archie manning is not in the same league as joe montana. They were the one example I was goin gto use ans kind of being the exception. Peyton had a lot of pressure in Tenn and never won the big game with them. I think Eli had it easier being in a lesser program.

Tom