Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
t-homo
WSB Champion

Default Victory

So the local Victory-Big Dog dealer had Victory demo days this weekend. I was out of town yesterday when the weather was 70 and nice. Went today with a guy from the local board when the weather was 45 and windy, with slight rain.

I rode the Hammer with a performance exhaust first. Absolute blast. Much more fun than I was expecting. The first time putting your feet on forward controls feels weird as shit, but after a few blocks, making it to a twisty road, it was natural and very comfortable. Tons of power on that bike, but it was weird shifting that much with the v-twin in it. Back end slid out on me one time taking off from a stop sign turning right. Once we hit the twisties, the first curve felt awkward, but again, after that it was very natural feeling. Drug the pegs twice so that was pretty fun. I didn't feel bad since the head rider drug the exhaust on the vision a few times. All in all, it was a great ride, and much more enjoyable than I was expecting. I can see myself having one as a second bike in the future.

Since my friend and I are also good friends with the guy leading the rides, we got to take two rides one after the other. The second bike that I rode was a completely stock Vegas. Not nearly as much fun as the Hammer. Not tons less power, but there was no tach and the exhaust was quiet. I was also behind a guy on a kingpin with downturn, loud ass exhaust. Hit the rev limiter once in first when first getting onto the highway. Still not a bad bike by any means, but didn't measure up to my first ride.

Overall, the cruiser feel is actually pretty nice. Very comfortable and relaxing, but wouldn't have one as my only bike till I get old as shit. They do test rides pretty much whenever you go in, so we are planning on going back in a few weeks with nicer weather to test in. I kind of want to ride the Vision. Yes, its a huge ass touring bike that is ugly as sin, but everyone who rode one today said they loved it.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote