Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

LOL @ not enough. I suppose if she's just street riding where you guys are with all the upright highway stretch riding, "ok".

But just a little info for her, at tight, small, or otherwise technical track a 1000 has no more advantage than a 250.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhr-845.jpg (181.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg hhr-1235.jpg (138.7 KB, 114 views)
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
LOL @ not enough. I suppose if she's just street riding where you guys are with all the upright highway stretch riding, "ok".

But just a little info for her, at tight, small, or otherwise technical track a 1000 has no more advantage than a 250.
Yea who said my girl was EVER going to go to the track? NOBODY!!!! We are street riders!

BTW I see that YOUR woman has a 750....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Did I mention that the helmet that comes with it is a Shark RSR2? or that the jacket and gloves are A*s? Jesus, this deal is crazy! I sure hope that it all goes well for her!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea who said my girl was EVER going to go to the track? NOBODY!!!! We are street riders!

BTW I see that YOUR woman has a 750....
Yes I do and I learned first on dirt bikes, then on a ninja 250. I didn't need a 750 when I got one, it was just a cheap deal and I took it. When I was 18 and buying it all that really mattered was it's pretty colors.....

Several 750's later, I still don't ride it close to it's limits on the track and never will. I've been wanting to get something smaller for a long time, actually a 250 like the one in Tye's pic to be exact. It teaches you 10x's the riding skills you can get by over-compensating with the power of bigger heavier bikes.

Wish I had some extra cash cause I'd take that bike off your hands....
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
Yes I do and I learned first on dirt bikes, then on a ninja 250. I didn't need a 750 when I got one, it was just a cheap deal and I took it. When I was 18 and buying it all that really mattered was it's pretty colors.....

Several 750's later, I still don't ride it close to it's limits on the track and never will. I've been wanting to get something smaller for a long time, actually a 250 like the one in Tye's pic to be exact. It teaches you 10x's the riding skills you can get by over-compensating with the power of bigger heavier bikes.

Wish I had some extra cash cause I'd take that bike off your hands....
I'm sorry, but I actually did LOL when I read the "I see your woman has a 750...." comment.

Tigger, really? This chick has been riding since probably before your 'woman' was a teenager. You never cease to amaze me with your stupid comments.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

wait, I think she just called me old....
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
wait, I think she just called me old....
But I think that qualifies you for cougar status.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I'm sorry, but I actually did LOL when I read the "I see your woman has a 750...." comment.

Tigger, really? This chick has been riding since probably before your 'woman' was a teenager. You never cease to amaze me with your stupid comments.
There are very few people on the forum that have said more technically stupid things than you Pleather...everybody, do a post search for this chick and you'll see what I mean! It's not "stupid" it's possibly ill informed. I don't know or even care who is married to whom. BTW I'm sure that he or her could have just as easily informed me of her experience level without a ton of bitchiness from you. He and others put their two cents in about how she hasn't "maxed out" the potential of her current bike. I'm pointing out that I doubt that his woman (or he, for that matter) have ever reached the maximum potential of their previous bikes either before they traded.

The hypocrite level that revolves around this type of discussion is boundless.
"I started on a VFR but everyone else should start on a 250", " Your girl should stay on a 250 even though mine traded hers in after 6 months", etc.The fact that she has been riding for 3 three years or more does not change the fact that when she felt that she was ready, she upgraded. Which is my point. There will always be someone that thought she should have waited longer to get a different bike no matter how long she waited. There are other people whose wives started on 883's Sportsters. Busas or R6s and did fine.

Hey and just because your stupid ass couldn't handle your 250 without fucking up doesn't mean that no one can! The possibility does exist that my girl has more "talent" or innate ability than you or your friend. Maybe not, maybe she just wants to ride on the street and not do any track days. Maybe she wants to do 90 mph on the freeway without redlining the bike... Regardless, whenever something like this comes up, there are always people with 600s, 750s, 1000s and 'Busas trying to convince other people that they shouldn't get a bigger bike.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 10-05-2009 at 01:33 PM..
Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
There are very few people on the forum that have said more technically stupid things than you Pleather...everybody, do a post search for this chick and you'll see what I mean! It's not "stupid" it's possibly ill informed.

Yeah, you should all read the one where I fell for a CL scam for a bike...oh no wait...
Old 10-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post

Yeah, you should all read the one where I fell for a CL scam for a bike...oh no wait...

Hey, I didn't fall for anything. I think that she's stupid too. My "crime" is not "forbidding" her to do it. At about 12 am Sunday, after about 100 texts about how Ebay has her back and the auction is almost over....I finally text back "do whatever you want, I hope that it legit". My gf is a strong willed stubborn girl that does whatever she wants. Heck she came here to go to school from a smaller town where her grand pa was chief of police(ret), her uncle just retired from the State Police, her other grand pa owns a multi-million dollar company that half the family works for and her step dad is a big wig with Hatch. All of these people have offered her jobs, fucking land, to pay for school in a field that pertains to their company, etc and she decided to "do it on her own" in the medical field. ..With a LOT of help of course! She could have gone to school local and had EVERYTHING paid for and not work at all unless she wanted some easy, cushy job in the family business....