Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Actually were all full o shit! There is one thing you cannot do with bikers and that is label them or perpetrate a stereotype. I have seen old retired guys rocking Hayabusas, chicks on middleweights, moms on full dress harley's. What it says about us is not who we are but what we aspire to, what speaks to us as riders and individuals.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
t-homo
WSB Champion

Heaven forbid you guys actually help this guy out with something he is working on. I'll shoot ya a PM later today with my response.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Heaven forbid you guys actually help this guy out with something he is working on. I'll shoot ya a PM later today with my response.
Word.

Me too.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
Noobie here. I'm a writer working on a story for a small, upstart men's magazine -- what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

Within those, I'd like to identify a model or two that represent the category. And I'm wrapping it together with brief, lighthearted descriptions of the types of people -- both personality- and style-wise -- who tend to be drawn to each.

So, if you're up for it, here are a few basic things I'd need:

1. Your age, location and profession.
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes.
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels.
5. Your first bike and how you got it.
6. Your ideal bike.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?
8. What does a bike say about its owner?

And please feel free to expand on any of those questions, or on whatever I might not have included but might help readers understand this better.

You can reply via e-mail, if you'd prefer: yasiejko at gmail dot com.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris

1. Your age, location and profession: 37, NY
Car sharing is fine for urban and higher density urban areas but impracticle for most.
I have two bikes - One looks like a 90's bike, the other a modern bike. One is too damn loud because I bought it with an aftermarket exhaust. The other is nice in quiet with the stock exhaust. The quieter the better.
I'm not going to answer your question because its a faggy question thats typical of what non riders who see cruisers say are important points on a motorcycle.

83 CB750 - friend of a friend was selling it so I bought it for $900.

6. Your ideal bike.
Stupid question. My ideal bike is a bike that does what I want it to do depending on my mood.

7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?
Yes and yes. I'm a normal adult who happens to ride sportbikes. I have no tatoos, I have a family and career.
Thats unless you meant the question as how do non riders percieve MC riders to be. Then no and no.
Nothing other than the owner likes to ride motorcycles.

Now that I've answered your question I 'm going to suggest that you be banned based on the following:

Quote:
what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

FYI: You are failing at marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #15
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
1. Your age, location and profession: 37, NY
Car sharing is fine for urban and higher density urban areas but impracticle for most.
I have two bikes - One looks like a 90's bike, the other a modern bike. One is too damn loud because I bought it with an aftermarket exhaust. The other is nice in quiet with the stock exhaust. The quieter the better.
I'm not going to answer your question because its a faggy question thats typical of what non riders who see cruisers say are important points on a motorcycle.

83 CB750 - friend of a friend was selling it so I bought it for $900.

6. Your ideal bike.
Stupid question. My ideal bike is a bike that does what I want it to do depending on my mood.

Yes and yes. I'm a normal adult who happens to ride sportbikes. I have no tatoos, I have a family and career.
Thats unless you meant the question as how do non riders percieve MC riders to be. Then no and no.
Nothing other than the owner likes to ride motorcycles.

Now that I've answered your question I 'm going to suggest that you be banned based on the following:

FYI: You are failing at marketing.
At least he didn't say crotch scooter.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
t-homo
WSB Champion

A lot more non-riders know what a crotch rocket is than what a sport bike is.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
Yaz
Squid

Thanks to those who shoot me an e-mail. And smileyman, I know exactly what you mean. These aren't meant to suggest all owners of specific types of bikes fit a particular mold. It's just a way to get some people interested in bikes who otherwise might not care, you know?
Yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Gee...I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #19
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
A stupid name only perpetuated by people using it.

He's writing a magazine article on bikes....he should at least use proper names.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #20
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
A stupid name only perpetuated by people using it.

He's writing a magazine article on bikes....he should at least use proper names.
I agree, however calling him stupid over it is much the same.

Sir, please call them Sportbikes. To call them otherwise is offensive to those of use that own them. And, for the love of all that's holy - anything "rice" related makes any article you write lose much of the credibility I'm sure you'd like your magazine to have. My motorcycles are Italian, and referred to as "rice" by the ignorant because they are Sportbikes.

I'll send you a PM.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote