Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #41
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Because it was posted on the local forum and the photog and local that helped him pull it out talked to him for awhile waiting for the tow truck.

it wasn't an assumption, it was fact
Well then it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #42
Evadd
formerly known as tdah

Moto: 06 R1, 01 600R

Quote:
Seriously, why are you being such a fuckin douche about this? HE DID GIVE A HELPING HAND AFTER THE GUY QUIT SPINNING. These photographers see wrecks all the time. Look at Killboy.com, there is like 2 or 3 wrecks on the front page this week. They check on the rider/driver after each one. The guy paid for a tow service to get him back up the mountain, not the photog. They can't run around the gap helping every idiot that flys off the mountain. They have no concern for bike damage, they will assist in what they can in human damage.

Seriously don't come to the gap because you obviously have no fucking idea what you are talking about and don't understand how much help the photog's are to the place.

is this the part where you tell me locals rule? no, that would be a waste of your time? so this is the part where you kick my ass?

in any case, i stand by statement about Derf saying "i don't need to help b/c it's not my job". that's still BS, and if you agree, then you're the kind of person i don't hang around long.

btw, if you had actual info that could have cleared it up like "the photog DID help him out" that would have been useful and i would have dropped it right away, instead of flyin off your horse and calling people a fuckin douche. you fuckin douche.

Last edited by Evadd; 09-23-2010 at 12:08 PM..
Evadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #43
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
is this the part where you tell me locals rule? no, that would be a waste of your time? so this is the part where you kick my ass?

in any case, i stand by statement about Derf saying "i don't need to help b/c it's not my job". that's still BS, and if you agree, then you're the kind of person i don't hang around long.

btw, if you had actual info that could have cleared it up like "the photog DID help him out" that would have been useful and i would have dropped it right away, instead of flyin off your horse and calling people a fuckin douche. you fuckin douche.
Dude, you are the one who came in here blasting the photog for no reason because you made assumptions based on a photo. You are being a douche about it.

The photog's use to help pull bikes down from the hillside, they had tow ropes and would get people back on the road before anyone even knew there was an accident. The problem is that if they do that, riders can flee the scene of an accident and the photog can get in trouble for assisting. They stopped doing it because they are trying to operate legitimate businesses. They let the cops and tow trucks do the work now. They continue running their business like they should. They have no issue helping with someone injured til medical services arrive, but bike recovery is not part of their services and it shouldn't be because of the legal rammifications that can come from it.

Other locals stopped to help this guy out to guide his bike back up the hill with the tow truck people so they wouldn't fuck up his bike. There was more than this photog at this turn when it happened. The guy had assistance and was very thankful to the people that helped him out. A local even followed this man to wheeler's because he had no rear brake and a partially stuck throttle, but that probably isn't helpful enough to you.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #44
Switch
dadbod

Why do you even respond to trolling?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #45
Evadd
formerly known as tdah

Moto: 06 R1, 01 600R

Quote:
Dude, you are the one who came in here blasting the photog for no reason because you made assumptions based on a photo. You are being a douche about it.

The photog's use to help pull bikes down from the hillside, they had tow ropes and would get people back on the road before anyone even knew there was an accident. The problem is that if they do that, riders can flee the scene of an accident and the photog can get in trouble for assisting. They stopped doing it because they are trying to operate legitimate businesses. They let the cops and tow trucks do the work now. They continue running their business like they should. They have no issue helping with someone injured til medical services arrive, but bike recovery is not part of their services and it shouldn't be because of the legal rammifications that can come from it.

Other locals stopped to help this guy out to guide his bike back up the hill with the tow truck people so they wouldn't fuck up his bike. There was more than this photog at this turn when it happened. The guy had assistance and was very thankful to the people that helped him out. A local even followed this man to wheeler's because he had no rear brake and a partially stuck throttle, but that probably isn't helpful enough to you.
some of that is helpful; thanks for providing info. had you done it from the beginning, i would have shut up. but no, you came running back with your unnecessary name-calling. pretty douchey of yourself.

Bonesaw - no trolling here. been here for a couple years after CF went under. i don't post all that much, but am around more now that i miss a lot of the CF people.

anywho, i apologize for getting the thread off track.

Last edited by Evadd; 09-23-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Evadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #46
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
some of that is helpful; thanks for providing info. had you done it from the beginning, i would have shut up. but no, you came running back with your unnecessary name-calling. pretty douchey of yourself.

Bonesaw - no trolling here. been here for a couple years after CF went under. i don't post all that much, but am around more now that i miss a lot of the CF people.

anywho, i apologize for getting the thread off track.

Naw I still gotta disagree with you, its not the photogs job. I'm sure he would have helped if the guy was dying on the road but the guy needs to make a living, and the only way they make money is by taking photos, plus how many asshats do you think wreck right in front of them? If they tried to help recover every bike they would never take any pictures.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #47
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
Why do you even respond to trolling?
He isn't trolling broham...he's a doctor....someone who actually cares about helping others. I know..I know..it hard to understand.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #48
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I've never seen a NASCAR camera man run onto the track after a crash to make sure the driver was ok...

Just sayin'
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #49
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
....Seriously don't come to the gap because you obviously have no fucking idea what you are talking about and don't understand how much help the photog's are to the place.
I've seen more first hand road crashes then most on here and we in almost all cases help the rider as well as get his bike back upright on the road. We usually roll it up in someone's truck.

But you have a point in that there are many other people to help as well. You really do need the camera man for the memory pics.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #50
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The guy is in the process of crashing, the photog can't help during that process. Let the guy finish crashing and THEN run over to help. Simple lowside anyway, he didn't hit a guardrail or anything.

Sweet pics. Ditch the outdated boots though........Velcro flaps on the inside of the leg suck, because they get stuck on your rearsets.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote