Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #61
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
The Congressional Budget Office, a somewhat non-partisan agency, has changed their tune on what Obamacare will cost and how many people it will cover over the next 10 years. That's about as good of an estimate as we will see and is also the agency Obama depended on for his estimates when selling it to the American people.

Cut off at the knees? How so? They were working with effectively unlimited resources for the 3 years they had to build out the exchange website and that has been a clusterfuck. That may have been crippled by a lot of things, but none of them appear to be the opposition. I'm not aware of a single provision in Obamacare that hasn't been funded so far due to the opposition.
You miss my point. Obamacare, as it presently exists, is a poor shell of the original proposals, as it was torn to pieces before originally being passed. It's a clusterfuck because it was passed as a clusterfuck, rather than a fully formed and realized plan. That is when it was cut off at the knees, as I previously stated.

Quote:
After six years of basically a blank checkbook under both Bush and Obama with mediocre results at best I think it is time to reign it in. The immediate economic danger of Fortune 500 companies failing was dealt with years ago. Agree or disagree with how it was done, it doesn't really matter.
Spending your way out of a recession works but it extends the length of the recession, making it longer to come back from. You have to wait for the money to come back into the system. Unfortunately many corporations seem to be sitting on the money, rather than reinvesting it as intended, which further adds to the assfucking that you're all taking.

Quote:
The spending now is different and meant to build growth in the American economy. So far in my view and after years of this going on the results have been shitty. What I mentioned before doesn't help either, the roadshow that happens every time cuts are mentioned. The Democrats and the media went on a jag for months before sequestration about how devastating it would be if sequestration went in to effect. The end result barely moved the needle. I think we can make some cuts and I don't see pushing for them as an unreasonable position.
Someone needs to shoot partisan politicking in the head. That's what is really pulling you all down. Nothing has been done fully, completely, and so everything has failed to have positive results. Too many people want to climb up on a pulpit and scream their personal mantras, without consideration to how much they're truly fucking over the average voter.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #62
CasterTroy

Looks like the senate just veto'd the deal without ever reading it

Default we come!

Hope you got groceries and cash today!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #63
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Where are you seeing this? Everything online says they have a deal right now...
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #64
CasterTroy

Heard it in the waiting room on the TV (Faux news)

All I could find online about what was being said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...udget-impasse/