Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR
Default New Bike Day.

went down to check out a bike i was really interested, and it lived up to and beyond my expectations. This CBR was practically flawless. Guy was asking 5.4k, we agreed on 5k, i'm going to pick it up later this week. Frame sliders, Swing arm sliders, Puig windscreen, Jardine exaust.

This guy made me very confident that the bike was well taken care of. Considering he was really only testing waters (he had just bought a new boulevard cruiser) I couldnt really talk him down too much, but for 5k and the condition this bike is in and has been maintained, im very happy.

I'll need to get new tires, well, just because. w/o the right tires it just feels like you're not riding the right bike. I'll end up getting flushies and new signals to replace the notorious ugly honda stock signals. Other than oil chg and possibly some new pads, this thing is ready to go. Only things im changing are out of preference, this thing is almost imacculate. No scratches, no dents, has never been down, shifts flawlessly, starts flawlessly, feels... well... it feels diferent.

Not the same riding stance as my F3. Its gonna take some adjustment to get used to the more agressive stance, but i think partially the reason i was thrown off was because of the tires. They were a little boxed out from commuting. Even still, its like riding a completely different type of bike.

hes throwin in all sorts of gear and crap too, so be sure to look out for some FS threads by yours truely.
Im going to pick her up later this week.

NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Noice!

I bet if you painted the back of the windscreen silver it would look pretty good against the bike... Make it all yellow... (that is of course if I am remembering you saying that you weren't crazy about the windscreen)
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Noice!

I bet if you painted the back of the windscreen silver it would look pretty good against the bike... Make it all yellow... (that is of course if I am remembering you saying that you weren't crazy about the windscreen)

i wasnt, really. but then i saw it and person and it changed my perspective. its actually very very sweet looking when its right in front of you. Dont think i'll mess with it at all. at the very most i may paint the back of it like you said, silver or black.

the pipe sounds SICK.

wonder how much i can get for the stock pipe, parts, etc.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
i wasnt, really. but then i saw it and person and it changed my perspective. its actually very very sweet looking when its right in front of you. Dont think i'll mess with it at all. at the very most i may paint the back of it like you said, silver or black.

the pipe sounds SICK.

wonder how much i can get for the stock pipe, parts, etc.
If you paint the back black, it'll just look black with maybe a hint of yellow... that may actually look pretty cool... If you paint it silver, it'll look yellow...

I see the stock cans going on eBay for sub-$50... You'd be better off selling the Jardine if you wanted to recoup some costs... I bet it sounds too good for that shit though...
Old 05-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
If you paint the back black, it'll just look black with maybe a hint of yellow... that may actually look pretty cool... If you paint it silver, it'll look yellow...

I see the stock cans going on eBay for sub-$50... You'd be better off selling the Jardine if you wanted to recoup some costs... I bet it sounds too good for that shit though...
yeah, selling the jardine is NOT an option. may as well try to scrap the can to somebody looking to jerry rig an undertail exhaust.

TBH i doubt i'll paint the screen... just wait till you see it in person OSP. o wait your a little bitch and dont come to organized events.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Fuck'n sweet bro! when you get the money getting the swing arm powdercoated black makes the bike look 10000x better IMO. (you'd have to do the rearsets also)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Fuck'n sweet bro! when you get the money getting the swing arm powdercoated black makes the bike look 10000x better IMO. (you'd have to do the rearsets also)
IDK w/ the silver lower fairing, i think it meshes perfectly. Really not all about the blackout scheme, i've seen so many black bikes it doenst even seem cool any more.

If i were to go any color, it'd be white. Trips CBR is still the baddest CBR around IMO. never thought i'd shoot for yellow. If anyting other than red, it was gonna be blue.

But shit grows on ya. plus i dont think i've EVER seen a yellow 03 600, they're like nonexistant.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
yeah, selling the jardine is NOT an option. may as well try to scrap the can to somebody looking to jerry rig an undertail exhaust.

TBH i doubt i'll paint the screen... just wait till you see it in person OSP. o wait your a little bitch and dont come to organized events.
Right... I use up all my vacation time riding my motorcycle across THE FUCKING UNITED STATES OF AMERICA... douche.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000
Thumbs up

congrats!

looks great. i actually like that color. the PO has it set up pretty nice.

i agree with ebbs on the black out as well, just my .02.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

oh yeah... forgot yours has the silver bottom... I only saw that first pic you posted of it... yeah it probably does look better with the silver...

this is fuck'n awesome though man... glad you got back on two this quick!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote