Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Damn brutha. Glad you are ok for the most part. Good gear pays for itself IMO. Every piece of gear I was wearing hit the ground when I low sided a few weeks ago.

Heal up.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #22
firstcherokeekid
1literDucEater

Glad to hear you are ok. It could have been alot worse. And it is amazing that a dump truck ran over your leg and you have no broken bones. I am very impressed with your crashing skills man!!!!!!
firstcherokeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #23
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I went down this morning... details to come later... I'm ok but bruised up pretty good. Don't know the condition of the bike yet.
Oh crap!!!!! I'm glad you're okay!!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #24
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Ok here is the story.

It was a beaufiful day and was supposed to reach 72 degrees, so after I got home from voting, I called my insurance company and reinstated my full coverage since I dropped it to comprehensive last week. I get geared up head down the road. It was about 48 degrees so a little in the cold side.
I get to the end of my street, take a left anD accelerated to 40mph (speed limit is 35).

The road that I was on is pretty hilly and has some blind hills wher you cant see over the crest of the hill. I appriach the first hill on the street and when I ge to the crest, there was a dump truck carrying a load of ladscape rocks backing into a driveway and was taking up both lanes(single lane in each direction). I hit the brakes and lock up the wheels. The tires were cold, road was damp from moring dew, I'm going down hill and there is gravel on the road from a recent road repeir job. I was not slowing down and I knew I was going to hit the truck. As I neared the truck the wheels cought and highsided me. The bike continued to hit the truck while sliding on thr right side. I was thrown to the side, tumbled a few times and ended up behind the trucks rear wheels. The truck rolled up onto my left leg. The driver of the truck reacted quickly and pulled forward so that the truck was only on my leg for 3-4 seconds. I was able to then roll over onto my stomach. (11 was called and I got a trip to the emergecy room because the paramedics though my leg was broken.

Damage to me-
After x-rays were taken of my shoulder and left leg they determined tha I had no broken bones at all. What I do have is a sprained left shoulder ac joint and some bruising and some swelling on my left leg. No road rash at all.

Damage to the bike-
The bike will need new plasics all the way around. Both mirrors are scratched ans the turn signal lenses are broken, the left side rear set is bent, shift lever is bent, rear passenger prg is bent, right side bar end is scraped and the clutch lever is rashed, frint rim is scratched, exhaust can is scratched, right side engine case is scratched, and the chain guared is cracked. The frame doesnt have a mark on it and the gas tank was undamaged. The swing arm has a scuff on it but I dont think there is any damamge to it. The insurance adjuster is coming over this ming to look at.

So.. I have my left leg in a brace so I cant move it and I am on some pretty good pain pills. I will be off of work for a few days, but I will make a full recovery and the bike should be fixable.

Thank you all for your concern. I'll be back on 2 in the spring with a rebuilt bike.

I forgot to add that my gear held up well. A* gloves dont have a mark on them, Cortech textile jacket is dirty but not rashed, Shoei helmet is a scratched from the impact with the ground.
Oh holy shit... I'm glad you reinstated your insurance, glad you were all geared up and most of all, glad the truck driver was quick to react!!! Geezz.....
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #25
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Oh damn babe, that really sucks, but thankfully both you and the bike will make a full recovery!! Some kinda good luck must have been with you for that truck not to harm you!! *hugs*

How'd the family take it?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #26
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

good to hear your ok

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #27
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Wow!! Really glad you are relatively OK - heal quickly and completely!

Did you get the information of the other driver? Any responsibility on his part because of blocking lanes??

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #28
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

yea those A* SP gloves are friggin great in a wreck. didnt even scuff my leather up when i went down in june.

i'm assuming you got the truck drivers ins information, as it doesnt seem like the accident was your fault?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Seems to me the ax maybe his fault. Possibly driving too fast for conditions. I dont know what the deal is with blocking both lanes.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #30
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Again, Glad you're ok! Ditch the helmet and get a new one, once it's got a ding in it like that it's usually no good anymore.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote