Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looni2ns View Post
Trip, you've just learned the true meaning of "The Pace".

When I'm at the track, I'm hauling like I've got a pack of mad dogs on my butt. All I have to focus on are my skills, my bike, and the next turn. The track is clean, no cops, no gray-hairs turning in front of me.

But out on the roads, like those around Suches and the Gap, it's different. Gravel, gray-hairs, cops, oil on the road, and tar snakes make the experience totally different. Saturday, my focus was completely different. Oh, and then add the rain.

Think a different riding environment, like a track day, would give you more pleasure than trying to haul butt and stay alive on the street? Or is it something else that makes you think about a different type of bike and riding style?
See below for my feelings on track days. I need something different. I am very much a goal oriented person and I have accomplished what I wanted out of sportbikes and I don't have the desire to be a time trial track day person or the interest to commit myself to the amount I would require out of myself to pursue racing. I was watching long way round with ebbs and just felt that type of riding is something I would enjoy tremedously. I have always loved traveling to new places more than actually being there. That's what I hate about flying commercial. The travel is gone. It would also open up new goals in my riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
never really enjoyed the track. It was ok, but it wasn't a true addiction like it is to some people. I prefered street always. Just the travel and scenery as opposed the same thing over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 05-12-2009 at 02:06 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #22
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I know where you're coming from. I want to add a Goldwing and a R1200GS to my stable still, and I get a lot of shit for wanting the Goldwing. I've discovered though that the people who give me crap for it have never ridden one.

I enjoy the track *when* I'm able to go, but I get the most enjoyment when I'm out on a multi-week trip seeing what the country has to offer. Having a proper steed has allowed me the opportunity to go from one end of the country to the other and see everything in between.

I'm proud to say that my Busa has 52k on it and I've seen the coasts and everything in between. The west coast pictures were taken in July of 2005. The east coast pictures were taken in July 2006.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-California.jpg (41.3 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg 1-Florida.jpg (32.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg 1-NovaScotia.jpg (30.5 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by G-Rex; 05-12-2009 at 02:09 PM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I know where you're coming from. I want to add a Goldwing and a R1200GS to my stable still, and I get a lot of shit for wanting the Goldwing. I've discovered though that the people who give me crap for it have never ridden one.

I enjoy the track *when* I'm able to go, but I get the most enjoyment when I'm out on a multi-week trip seeing what the country has to offer. Having a proper steed has allowed me the opportunity to go from one end of the country to the other and see everything in between.

I'm proud to say that my Busa has 52k on it and I've seen the coasts and everything in between. The west coast pictures were taken in July of 2005. The east coast pictures were taken in July 2006.
I will never give you crap about wanting a goldwing, for one I have been owned by one several times at the gap. Damn Rick and his ability to pilot the yellow wolf before he got rid of it.

Yeah, when I look at advrider and your blog. Just makes me lust after what I been missing. Especially some of the advrider posts where they go on those dirt roads to the middle of nowhere to snap unbelieveable pics.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #24
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Does that mean YOU would start carrying around a camera?

and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Does that mean YOU would start carrying around a camera?

probably not, photos are for other people, memory is for me.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #26
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

At one time I would have agreed, but these days, if I dont have photographic evidence, I forget it happened. Advanced ADHD alzheimers maybe? I can look at photos and it brings it all back.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

More often then not there are things in my life that I don't want to remember. So cameras are not a high priority.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
At one time I would have agreed, but these days, if I dont have photographic evidence, I forget it happened. Advanced ADHD alzheimers maybe? I can look at photos and it brings it all back.
Me too! Too bad I lost mine in St. Louis this year.

Last edited by CrazyKell; 05-12-2009 at 03:15 PM..
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
More often then not there are things in my life that I don't want to remember. So cameras are not a high priority.
everyone always wants to forget the wrong turns in life.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
probably not, photos are for other people, memory is for me.
True... But photos can spark memories you've forgotten you remember. (it makes sense I swear)

I need to be better about taking more photos. I get in a rush too much.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote