Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 AM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar
Default Yo... Where you at?!

got to think'n about OSP and Drewpy's trouble and thought it'd be nice to know where everyone is so if need be we can call for some help or meet up for a ride!

I put myself down as in Keesler AFB in Gulf Port Mississippi... it's probably where I'm gonna end up if the MTL package goes through (cross fingers). any member of TWFix is welcome at my place any time!

OSP... you sleep in the garage though...

http://www.twowheelfix.com/vbgooglemapme.php
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:19 AM   #2
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

im in cali-its too early for me to figure out that map thing lol just pm me if needed
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
got to think'n about OSP and Drewpy's trouble and thought it'd be nice to know where everyone is so if need be we can call for some help or meet up for a ride!

I put myself down as in Keesler AFB in Gulf Port Mississippi... it's probably where I'm gonna end up if the MTL package goes through (cross fingers). any member of TWFix is welcome at my place any time!

OSP... you sleep in the garage though...
I don't know if this helps but I belong to "Rescue Riders" over Yahoo's Victory Digest Group. (Dedicated to Victory motorcycles) its a Data Base that lists location, resources available and a contact point.
So for instance I am in South West NH, I have a Pickup truck, Open Trailer Tools, Garage, and Bike lift. I will routinely ride out a 100 miles to help someone. There is no charge for anything (but if you can cover gas and a beverage of choice that is cool) The idea is not to leave you at the mercy of a stealership.
I am not a tech guy but if someone with some skills wants to write the data base I am in. Oh and if you are headed to Laconia drop me a note and I will send you my contact number
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Let's not use frappr, I will download a hack that will use google maps and can be added to the site itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I don't know if this helps but I belong to "Rescue Riders" over Yahoo's Victory Digest Group. (Dedicated to Victory motorcycles) its a Data Base that lists location, resources available and a contact point.
So for instance I am in South West NH, I have a Pickup truck, Open Trailer Tools, Garage, and Bike lift. I will routinely ride out a 100 miles to help someone. There is no charge for anything (but if you can cover gas and a beverage of choice that is cool) The idea is not to leave you at the mercy of a stealership.
I am not a tech guy but if someone with some skills wants to write the data base I am in. Oh and if you are headed to Laconia drop me a note and I will send you my contact number
Awesome!

and yeah we'll get a map up when Trip gets the hack set...

I'm down to help anyone I can get to... though not sure how much help I'll be... but at least I can give ya some company or a lift and a place to crash if ya need.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #6
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Great idea!!! Not just for assisting those in need, but on other forums, I know of people who've done cross country trips on two wheels without ever having to pay for a hotel, since everyone offered up guest rooms/couches along the way.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Yup... I'd been thinking of doing this while planning my trip... but it was the current issue that OSP and Drewpy are having that got me to actually post it up...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Had to do frappr in the end, the map hack I wanted has a lot of problems.

edit: this mod sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

I'd like to help Rae out if she were stranded.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Don't worry...I hooked OSP up with a couple of guys you assholes like to take a shit on: Buell riders.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote