Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by deals gap dragon slayer View Post
there's no law about it... but what about the overall image of the sportbike community. if it starts off with the dealerships promoting irresponsible behavior and riding habits, what chance to safe responsible riders have in a society that already has us labeled as delinquents.

So you approve of a dealer selling a Busa or a liter sport bike to a first time rider who may or may not have his MC license? there's not a law against it... but common sense would urge against it.

I mean I'm sorry... but my insurance rates are high enough for the simple fact that I'm part of a so called statistic because of dipshits who probably should never be on bikes to begin with. But since no one is holding any sort of responsibility things just continue to fall in a downward spiral...

Do I think an MC license should be required to buy a bike... YES

Do I think dealerships who sell to unlicensed riders should be fined, etc...YES

Do I think that the US should use a tiered licensing system similar if not identical to many European countries... YES...

Is that being a Nazi? NO...

Its trying to create better, safer, more responsible riders.
I don't think dealers should sell newbs those bikes either, but they do...and often. If a kid walks in and wants a ninja 250 most dealers will try to sell him the zx14. Why? Because it's more money, more commission, more cash in his pocket.

But if a newb is dumb enough to buy it then fuck 'em.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote