Old 06-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Day 11 continued:

More Yellowstone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Day 11 continued:

More Yellowstone:

Bear is in the middle right of this photo (you can't really see him...)

Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 06-11-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Day 11 continued:

Ride into Cody:

Cool weird house thing on top of a hill:

More ride into Cody:

Quote:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Day 12:

After the long ride the day before, I had a nice little 410 mile ride from Cody, WY to Rapid City, SD via 20 and 14 to I-90 to Moorcroft where I followed 16 to Mt Rushmore back up to I-90 in Rapid City.

This was a surprisingly good day for the most part. I did not expect Bighorn National Forest to be as awesome as it was. This made my day. I even got a little snow up on Sheridan Pass. Bighorn is pretty awesome I must say. I really enjoyed the signs that let you know how old the rocks were that you were passing.

I visited Jewel Cave, but did not take a tour. Wished I did instead of going to the Crazy Horse Ripoff Monument.... Mt Rushmore wasn't as grand as I thought it would be as well. Wish I had gone to Wind Cave or Devils Tower instead of these two stops. Ah well, you live and learn...

It was a still a great day of riding and visited some touristy spots I always wanted to...

Airplane graveyard, wished I stopped now...

Ride towards Bighorn:

Bighorn:

Quote:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Day 12 continued:

Jewel Cave Area:

Cool rock formations next to a Pizza Hut:

Flintstones Theme Park:

Crazy Horse:

Mt Rushmore:

What Rushmore should of look like:

Epic Ice Cream:

Quote:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Day 13:

Entering the homestretch of the trip, this was a 570 mile interstate march from Rapid City, SD to Bellevue, NE. Besides a lot of boring interstate, I took a scenery detour in the badlands.

The morning started off pretty cold as the low pressure that had been chasing me all trip passed me and made it pretty cloudy in SD. I avoided all the stupid Wall Drugstore signs and didn't go.

The scenery detour for the Badlands was well worth it. The Badlands were pretty cool.

After the Badlands, it was just an interstate death march. I kept going on I-90 and crossed the border to get Minnesota as a state I rode in. It was only an extra 20 miles or so. I got Nebraska by going to Bellevue. In Bellevue, I met up with Ebbs. We got some Red Robin. Yummm!

Watched the weather channel when I got back to the hotel. Thunderstorms with tornadoes were suppose to roll in and a window from about 4-6am would be the best time to roll out. Looked like a possibility for storms everywhere I went the next day rolling for a few days after that. I made the decision to go home from Bellevue in one day. I wished I had planned it better because I could of had an easy documented Iron Butt, but I do not have the documentation to support the ride.

Badlands:

Hole in the Clouds:

Riding towards Bellevue:

Quote:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Day 14:

The final 1000 mile craziness from Bellevue, NE to Lenoir City, TN via little detours to make the 900 mile interstate trip into a 1000 mile journey. Due to poor planning, I do not have enough documentation to support getting the IBA certificate... Oh well, I know I did it. I don't need a piece of paper. I can do it again if I get the itch.

This was a haul. I didn't realize how much it took out of me til I sat down an hour or two after I got home and was down unloading the bike.

I finally made it home after two weeks on the road. It was an awesome trip and a dream I have had since I started riding. I saw things I wanted to see since I was little. I am glad I did all the planning and saved the money to realize this dream. It was well worth it and would do it again in a heartbeat, I would change a lot of the northern route though, LOL. Thanks for all the well wishes and tips. It truly was a great trip.

Didn't want to stop for Missouri, LOL:

Made a quick detour off the interstate to get Kansas:

St Louis:

Couldn't believe there was more to this state than just Chicago, LOL:

Kentucky...been here before:

YEY, BACK IN TENNESSEE:

The exit home:

My stickered up helmet map:

Quote:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Thread is open!
Quote:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #29
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Great photos!

I should have warned you about Crazy Horse. I went there and paid the $10 to see it probably 10 years ago, and it was nowhere as far along as it is now. I'm even more pissed after seeing no more progress than there is. LOL

Glad you had a great trip. I will admit I enjoyed the scenery including snow, but there's a reason I take my trips in July. I don't like the cold that much.

I'm pretty much in agreement with your comments for all of the places you went, especially 4 Corners. I tried to warn you, but I know you gotta see it for yourself.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Glad you had a great trip. I will admit I enjoyed the scenery including snow, but there's a reason I take my trips in July. I don't like the cold that much.

I'm pretty much in agreement with your comments for all of the places you went, especially 4 Corners. I tried to warn you, but I know you gotta see it for yourself.
Yeah, the southern route would of sucked in 100 degrees though. The cold wasn't that bad for me. But I chose to outrun the storms instead of sticking to my schedule and seeing more of the area.

Yeah, that's the problem with crap places, you need to see it for yourself and then regret your decision. LOL. I knew Wall was going to be crap though, so I just didn't go. LOL
Quote: