Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I don't know why you guys think the rolling coal thing does anything... I almost always have my air turned to recycle because of various worse smells like pig farms around here.

If I was on the motorcycle, it might be effective, but I could pass you like you were standing still, so it still wouldn't be an issue.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I don't know why you guys think the rolling coal thing does anything... I almost always have my air turned to recycle because of various worse smells like pig farms around here.

If I was on the motorcycle, it might be effective, but I could pass you like you were standing still, so it still wouldn't be an issue.
Thats another plus esp getting stuck behind a gaggle of schoolbuses. Def dont want to stay behind one of them for long.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
CasterTroy

Quote:
I don't know why you guys think the rolling coal thing does anything...
When you're billowing black smoke you're actually starving the mixture of air and overdumping massive quantities of fuel in the chamber and it's combusting only a portion of it in the chamber, sending the rest out to combine with the air in the exhaust pipe which makes the massive black clouds. You really have to have the fuel turned up to "roll coal"

I could GET that effect by wrapping a plastic bag over my air filter
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
When you're billowing black smoke you're actually starving the mixture of air and overdumping massive quantities of fuel in the chamber and it's combusting only a portion of it in the chamber, sending the rest out to combine with the air in the exhaust pipe which makes the massive black clouds. You really have to have the fuel turned up to "roll coal"

I could GET that effect by wrapping a plastic bag over my air filter
I know what you are accomplishing, I am talking about using it against someone. See people do it to motorcyclists and cyclists all the time, not sure what they are trying to do against cars since a lot of us just do recirc on the A/C and it doesn't bother us.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I know what you are accomplishing, I am talking about using it against someone. See people do it to motorcyclists and cyclists all the time, not sure what they are trying to do against cars since a lot of us just do recirc on the A/C and it doesn't bother us.
up here its the windshiled washer fluid.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I get that occassionally on the bike. With the schuberth I just unlock and spit on them. Just got to make sure I don't hit the rear case. LOL
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #27
CasterTroy

Quote:
My buddy Brian bought a washer system from JC whitney and rigged it to the back bumper of his truck. He HATED tailgaters! He'd fill the reservoir with a mix of WD-40 and used motor oil and had it aimed to spray the windshield of the car behind him and wired to a button on his dash I'm surprised he lived as long as he did
Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
My buddy Brian bought a washer system from JC whitney and rigged it to the back bumper of his truck. He HATED tailgaters! He'd fill the reservoir with a mix of WD-40 and used motor oil and had it aimed to spray the windshield of the car behind him and wired to a button on his dash I'm surprised he lived as long as he did
LOL, now that would of been effective. Surprised he didn't get the cops called on him for that one or even arrested.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #29
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Now theres a man I need to buy a beer. If its concealed right it could be like youre leaking oil or soemthing.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #30
CasterTroy

Quote:
If its concealed right it could be like youre leaking oil or soemthing.
Yep. He had it shooting from the top of the rear bumper under the tailgate almost straight up. When it was parked and he sprayed it....steady stream, but at speed, once the stream made it to the top of the tailgate the wind distorted it all over the place. It was genius. But he was an engineer afterall

Wonder what happened to me?!!