Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #31
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Zed, thats actually a pretty clever thing to do. I know if I'd had something like that it wouldve saved me scratches and lots of time strapping!
thanks. the shop I was working at when I made it had a bunch of old school racks in storage. didn't take long to make either.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Zed, thats actually a pretty clever thing to do. I know if I'd had something like that it wouldve saved me scratches and lots of time strapping!
Yep,I'm kinda sorry I didn't buy a trunk now! I have two other seat cowls so it's no problem for me to make something. I'd hate to lose the shipping but I still may get the EMGO piece and send the Fieldsheer back. With the hard case, weather is not a problem anymore. Hmmm...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #33
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep,I'm kinda sorry I didn't buy a trunk now! I have two other seat cowls so it's no problem for me to make something. I'd hate to lose the shipping but I still may get the EMGO piece and send the Fieldsheer back. With the hard case, weather is not a problem anymore. Hmmm...
Does this mean you've decided not to trailer the bike? You're buying luggage....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Does this mean you've decided not to trailer the bike? You're buying luggage....
Yea... I don't feel like putting a hitch on my POS car so... Trust me I'm gonna be hauling as much ass as possible, that's for sure!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #35
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
here's my input: NO matter what bag you end up with - use clips and NOT BUNGEES to attach it. Bungees will fail and getting a tail bag between your swingarm and rear tire at 120mph is a life changing experience.
I just found that the bungees on my tailbag wore right through the clear and basecoat, and into the plastic on my tail. Add that to three days in a row of nice weather when I have cords showing in the rear tire, and I'm not happy right now.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #36
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Yea... I don't feel like putting a hitch on my POS car so... Trust me I'm gonna be hauling as much ass as possible, that's for sure!
Me too! Almost 600 miles! I thought I had the route and leave time planned. Then I realized I had Amorok and me hitting ATL too close to rush hour for my liking. So now I have us leaving alot earlier...he's not liking it.

I'm REALLY not looking forward to riding all those miles in one day. Noone better laugh when I'm finally able to crawl off the bike, damnit!

BTW, do you know where I can get a nice size bungee net? The last one I got here barely stretched over my rear seat and couldn't hold shit!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 04-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Me too! Almost 600 miles! I thought I had the route and leave time planned. Then I realized I had Amorok and me hitting ATL too close to rush hour for my liking. So now I have us leaving alot earlier...he's not liking it.

I'm REALLY not looking forward to riding all those miles in one day. Noone better laugh when I'm finally able to crawl off the bike, damnit!

BTW, do you know where I can get a nice size bungee net? The last one I got here barely stretched over my rear seat and couldn't hold shit!

Bike Bandit for $2.99
Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #38
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Bike Bandit for $2.99
It's not that really small bungee net is it? That thing won't hold shit on my bike.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 04-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
It's not that really small bungee net is it? That thing won't hold shit on my bike.
Fuck, I don't know biatch! get your ass to a dealership and buy a God damn net! I honestly don't know what size it is, if you want a really big net, go to Walmart and get one. They have really big ones!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #40
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Fuck, I don't know biatch! get your ass to a dealership and buy a God damn net! I honestly don't know what size it is, if you want a really big net, go to Walmart and get one. They have really big ones!
I don't go to the stealerships around here. The couple of bike stores here only have the small cargo nets and they aren't worth a damn

I thought you'd know a little something about the nets since you seem to be Mr. Know It All with gear and most other bike accessories!

Quote:
Myspace