Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I work 10-12 hour days, don't get weekends off, deal with adult brats all day, and get 6 paid holidays per year... teachers complaining about not making money can kiss my fucking ass... There are plenty of people, doing more, dealing with more, and getting paid less.
Just like I wouldn't want a career as a teacher..
I wouldn't want whatever job\career you do either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Just like I wouldn't want a career as a teacher..
I wouldn't want whatever job\career you do either.
Right, but just like these teachers, I love it... And if I didn't, just like teachers, I'd have the option to change career fields...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Right, but just like these teachers, I love it... And if I didn't, just like teachers, I'd have the option to change career fields...
I would be willing to bet less than half of teachers enjoy it.....
The rest simply "fell" into the job, because whatever they were originally doing failed.....Like maybe they couldn't hack the engineering major they originally wanted, or maybe they couldn't find a job with their Art History degree.....

The fact is, only a minority of employees actually "love" their job. The rest are in it for the $$. And that means that the teaching field isn't getting top-quality people. Most teachers have mediocre credentials. Sure, they might have 1 or 2 or even 3 degrees, but from lower-ranked schools, and lower GPA's, and lower people skills & leadership skills.......... otherwise they would have scored a more lucrative job.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-09-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #4
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
I work 10-12 hour days, don't get weekends off, deal with adult brats all day, and get 6 paid holidays per year... teachers complaining about not making money can kiss my fucking ass... There are plenty of people, doing more, dealing with more, and getting paid less.
What do you do that sucks so much?

Oh....and HINT OBAMA WE DON'T FUCKIN HAVE 447 BILLION BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CUT ANYTHING U PRICK. WHEN AMERICA FOLDS...and it will if we continue on this path...FUCK U.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-10-2011 at 04:19 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I wouldn't want to be a teacher.
Sure you work 9-10 months a year but you end up working 12 hour days and several of those hours are spent dealing with brats and bureaucrats.
In my county, those that make it past probation start at a salary appropriate for the area and increases with continuing education and some other crap.
NYC City teachers are paid with cum drenched food stamps shat out the back of city rats and salary increases are delivered by lawsuit infested bullets.

I think upstate teachers are paid with email forwards and homemade raspberry jam.
My sister is a teacher in the Miller Place School District. She makes good money, has great benefits, and loves her job. Personally, I couldn't do it. I fucking hate kids of all ages and wish the majority of them dead.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Like I said before, IF proper vetting/recruiting/performance measurement took place, higher salaries would be justified. Right now, the teaching field does not attract the best & brightest college grads. Why would they, when they can make twice as much at Procter & Gamble, GE, or Goldman Sachs?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Like I said before, IF proper vetting/recruiting/performance measurement took place, higher salaries would be justified. Right now, the teaching field does not attract the best & brightest college grads. Why would they, when they can make twice as much at Procter & Gamble, GE, or Goldman Sachs?
well for some people it's not about the $
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
well for some people it's not about the $
For most people it is. Especially when they have $30k in student loans to pay for.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
For most people it is. Especially when they have $30k in student loans to pay for.
$30k aint shit... I came through with more than double that... Closer to $80k... I've made less than or right around the average for teachers up until the past couple of years, and still managed to pay it down, while saving, while buying a house, while enjoying some luxuries, etc... And they'll be paid off within the next two years... Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do...
Old 09-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How amazingly intelligent and talented do you have to be to teach 3rd grade? Or hell, even middle school? Fuck it, HS?

You start talking high level AP HS courses and college, then yeah, you'll want the best and brightest... $30k/year to teach 1st graders how to sound out words and write their name doesn't seem too bad to me...