Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 07-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

As cave said got dwn with out any real event. the rain in ky sucked. looking forward to riding today.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Well we had a great trip and time with Trip. Got some pics that I need to put up.

Never we're able to hook up with Diva and Jeeps. Sat they were both working, sunday, it was raining in the morning and we never really left the gap and got out towards them. Kinda sucks cause I would have loved to meet both but weather/sked never allowed. Plus with Trip being on the DRZ the whole time we didn't want to push him too far on his 2x4 seat.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Plus, my bike would of died out in the middle of nowhere from like the engine falling out of the frame or something.

We need to boil some shrim PA next time you come down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Glad you had a good trip and a safe trip home. I hate we missed each other but hopefully one day soon we will get to meet each other.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Plus, my bike would of died out in the middle of nowhere from like the engine falling out of the frame or something.

We need to boil some shrim PA next time you come down.
Truth on the DRZ being a PIA all weekend. You know, the only thing I had to do to the Hog was in Ohio on the way back, my left highway peg was a little loose so I tightened it while putting gas in it. So much for stereotypes huh.

AMEN on the shrim PA. And maybe some crawfish too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
Glad you had a good trip and a safe trip home. I hate we missed each other but hopefully one day soon we will get to meet each other.
I was going to call you this morning... was waiting to ensure you were up. guess u are now.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Well as I said. The trip was a big success. Sure I would have wished we had more time for more things but we did what we could and enjoyed it the entire time.

I can not say how much I appreciate Trip for helping us, showing us around, and just letting us hang with him. Further, A for letting us use and abuse him all weekend. Like I said to her, I wasn't sure if I should say "sorry for having him out all day or you're welcome for having him out all day". I'll let you all guess which way she answered!

Diva... sorry we never connected. You sure sound like a hoot to hang out with. Plus I have been meaning to meet up with Jeeps for YEARS!!! I certainly enjoyed our phone conversations and your insight on certain laws. Jeeps is a lucky man for sure!!

Anyway, here's the pics I took. I will get the various online GAP pics in the near future. Already found most of them but not sure how you all steal the low res. I know I will order the high res ones, at least a few.

The Hog ready for the travel... sportin the stock tall shield and the tourpack

On the way down, Caveman, stretchin his legs out... no he's not air humpin the tank as it looks. At least not this time

The open road

A shot on 75S in KY

Taking long breaks at gas ups, it took us about 10hrs to get down. We weren't sure how well we would do so we paced our selves. Took just as long as I thought.

Sat mornin at Trips the 2 metrics needed a few things...

The DRZ had already got a new tube in the rear tire, more air in the front, and a the worst was... he was leakin coolant from a crushed rad.

The Honda Shadow just needed some more coolant and checked the cap as well

The HD was left out of this wrenching... thank god and something I'm not too use to yet.

A few shots from the look out at the gap... I know we have all seen way too many of these

Damn Trip was so damn fast on his dirt bike. I think this weekend convienced him he needs to super motard it out.

Saw some greatness there... like this. Trip needs to find the other side of the fun. But here's boyfriend and his great machine and gear.

A tribute to Drewpy from the Tree of Shame

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

This had to of hurt

Standard issue GAP Store pose

The Skyway pics and top elevation pic

Check out the clouds about head level

One of the look outs on the way down.

A long fall

I tell ya, if you never read the look out signs, its kinda sad.

Then on Sunday I wanted to get some more pics of the bikes with nice backdrops. Regardless if you've seen a hundred of these they still make good pics

Run Amsoil Product