Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #91
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
as far as i kow its always puffed a little black smoke and has always had the soot residue on the pipe but when someone said it seemed like it was burning oil it got me motivated to really get rid of this thing before it blows up
How did you suck all the oil out of the filter? Cause if there was only .25 of a quart short on your change.... Your not burning oil. In fact if your not having to add oil your fine.

Please don't rush out on a whime to sell this bike for pennys on the dollar just to "get rid" of it. I believe your going to be ok... Even if in the far away chance you do need some head work WHICH I DONT THINK YOU WILL.

Map it or just ride it please... I beg of you.

Last edited by Gunther1000; 08-14-2008 at 07:45 PM..
Gunther1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #92
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
How did you suck all the oil out of the filter? Cause if there was only .25 of a quart short on your change.... Your not burning oil. In fact if your not having to add oil your fine.

Please don't rush out on a whime to sell this bike for pennys on the dollar just to "get rid" of it. I believe your going to be ok... Even if in the far away chance you do need some head work WHICH I DONT THINK YOU WILL.

thats not why i think it... it was coming to the time to do an oil change and i was checking the fluids like i always do and the levels were in between low and full which is close to a .25 quart. I have my eye on the oil on this bike every time its not running now.

Last edited by Vettezilla (Impala Balko); 08-15-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Vettezilla (Impala Balko) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #93
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Gunther, we are going to have to just let it go. You arent seeing what I am saying and only taking from it what you want to pick at apparently because you are bored and like to argue. Do your thing. Like I said, I dont care what you do nor did i call you "that stunter guy" or whatnot, you name and classify yourself all on your own.

NtS, love the pegasus picture, very cute, altho your use of bunnies frightens me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post

I gotta agree with "stunter man" on this one. He's right. I checked with my buddy, The Stig, a sometimes poster here and my bike idol/guru person:

Black tip and a bit of smoke = likely running too rich, worst case scenario the valve guides may be worn causing the problems you are having. Fill your oil up, keep an eye on it and determine if you are actually going thru it and having to refill. As long as you arent having actual mechanical or electrical issues, you should be able to take care of this with a minimum of effort and cost.

Now, if ya wanna sell, lemme know, I need a track bike... J/k
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #94
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

I suck.... You rock RAE and guy with the 750.... Yup you better sell that Hand Gernade! Its about to blow...
Old 08-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #95
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

wow, just wow....

I haven't really heard of stand up issues from the I4s as far as wheeling them til they pop. The twins especially SV is very prone to that and a member of this forum has done it. If I remember correct R1upon1 wheelied his SV to death. Those motors are bulletproof otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #96
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

750's are supposed to have the valves checked/adjusted at 15k-nothin to do with your oil really, just a heads up.

your bike sounds rich-although with a k&n filter and a slip on, seems it should have gotten leaner, not richer. did u check the plugs? you say u dont have a pc, how bout u tune it with the plugs, old skool. mite wana try a hotter or colder plug, more or less gap. cant really tell ya without seeing the ones u got in there. hell, u mite just need new plugs, when the last time u changed em?

why is bouncin a street bike off the rev limiter bad? the whole point of a rev limiter is to prevent the engine from revving hi enough to cause the valves to float and possibly slap the pistons.

assuming u bought a kit, why in the fuck did it take 30-40 full pulls on a dyno to tune your turbo? were u constantly changing shit, searching for more power?

when it comes to the engine-abuse, ridin it to its limit=same thing. whether you're flying down the front straight shiftin at redline, or redlinin it thru the gears doin a wheelie, the engine only knows its at 14k, or whatever your redline is.

i4 engines sound nasty when they are oil starved. they scream. literally. its not a unnoticed sound.

that being said, the front end on the new rr's=ugly. ugly in pics, ugly in person, ugly at the track(u dont notice it cuz its got no lights in track gear, so it only tolerable) and ugly on the street. the rest of it looks sweet tho. short tail makes it looked stretched. i love that about it.

cant beat the r1 nose in looks dept, but 848/1098, and daytona 675 come damn close.

go demo one-U like it, U buy it. who gives a fuck what we think anyway lol

if u really are burning oil, it could easily be from starting it up cold and riding off cold everyday. 11k miles of doin that mite cause u to burn alil oil eventually.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #97
Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Moto: 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
750's are supposed to have the valves checked/adjusted at 15k-nothin to do with your oil really, just a heads up.

your bike sounds rich-although with a k&n filter and a slip on, seems it should have gotten leaner, not richer. did u check the plugs? you say u dont have a pc, how bout u tune it with the plugs, old skool. mite wana try a hotter or colder plug, more or less gap. cant really tell ya without seeing the ones u got in there. hell, u mite just need new plugs, when the last time u changed em?

why is bouncin a street bike off the rev limiter bad? the whole point of a rev limiter is to prevent the engine from revving hi enough to cause the valves to float and possibly slap the pistons.

assuming u bought a kit, why in the fuck did it take 30-40 full pulls on a dyno to tune your turbo? were u constantly changing shit, searching for more power?

when it comes to the engine-abuse, ridin it to its limit=same thing. whether you're flying down the front straight shiftin at redline, or redlinin it thru the gears doin a wheelie, the engine only knows its at 14k, or whatever your redline is.

i4 engines sound nasty when they are oil starved. they scream. literally. its not a unnoticed sound.

that being said, the front end on the new rr's=ugly. ugly in pics, ugly in person, ugly at the track(u dont notice it cuz its got no lights in track gear, so it only tolerable) and ugly on the street. the rest of it looks sweet tho. short tail makes it looked stretched. i love that about it.

cant beat the r1 nose in looks dept, but 848/1098, and daytona 675 come damn close.

go demo one-U like it, U buy it. who gives a fuck what we think anyway lol

if u really are burning oil, it could easily be from starting it up cold and riding off cold everyday. 11k miles of doin that mite cause u to burn alil oil eventually.
I havent checked the plugs yet thats what I am going to do soon.