Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #121
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Sorry, but not everyone is able to get grants and a free ride to college...

Nope its a BS ruling that was politically motivated. Spending money is not free speech, standing on a corner saying that OSP is a complete douche would be free speech, this is not.
But everybody can pay their way through college. Wether they find it worth spending $100,000+ for a better job is up to them. It's ideal to get a free ride but if you don't then tough cookies. Actually start selling cookies and pay your way. It's what I do.

People (which businesses are made of) have a right to do what they want with their private property/money. It's not fair that big businesses can buy their way into getting a policy they want. But it's also not fair that a bunch of screaming idiot college students or bored middle class white people can scream and threaten a politician to get their policy enacted.

In theory we need to elect leaders who will enforce the constitution/law without outside influence. That way no matter how much money a business gives to a politician or how much screaming some union goons or tea partiers do, the person in power will do the right thing.

But as much as I hate either side I will not deny them the right to do with their money what they please nor will I deny the OWS crowd the right to bitch and moan.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #122
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
In theory we need to elect leaders who will enforce the constitution/law without outside influence. That way no matter how much money a business gives to a politician or how much screaming some union goons or tea partiers do, the person in power will do the right thing.
That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

1. Read this part of the law of the land.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlev

2. What the flying fuck do you think that is there for?

The whole fucking point of the legislative branch is to write law.
The whole fucking point of voting for these jerkoffs is to ensure that laws of the land reflect the values of society.
Not yesterdays society
Not some fucking fable society from comic books
TODAYS society.
Every individual has a right to bitch to there elected representative and request change in the law. Any group of like minded individuals can band together a do the same.
If they want to call themselves teapartiers or the 99% who gives a flying fuck. They all have the right. If GE wants to spend 20million a year on lobbyist it is their right.

FYI - In the United states there is NO ONE PERSON IN POWER. Learn about your own fucking government.
Quick lesson
Legislative branch makes law
Executive branch enforces it
Judicial makes sure the laws are legit
In our system each branch can whack the other with a rolled up newspaper

Go stand in a corner somewhere and think about what you've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #123
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

1. Read this part of the law of the land.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlev

2. What the flying fuck do you think that is there for?

The whole fucking point of the legislative branch is to write law.
The whole fucking point of voting for these jerkoffs is to ensure that laws of the land reflect the values of society.
Not yesterdays society
Not some fucking fable society from comic books
TODAYS society.
Every individual has a right to bitch to there elected representative and request change in the law. Any group of like minded individuals can band together a do the same.
If they want to call themselves teapartiers or the 99% who gives a flying fuck. They all have the right. If GE wants to spend 20million a year on lobbyist it is their right.

FYI - In the United states there is NO ONE PERSON IN POWER. Learn about your own fucking government.
Quick lesson
Legislative branch makes law
Executive branch enforces it
Judicial makes sure the laws are legit
In our system each branch can whack the other with a rolled up newspaper

Go stand in a corner somewhere and think about what you've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #124
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Sorry, but not everyone is able to get grants and a free ride to college. My brother is currently $180k, graduated high school with a 4.0 gpa, plus extra curricular activities, but couldnt get a scholarship or any grants. his 1st year roomate was from the same HS, had a 2.9 gpa and got a free ride through 4 years because of a race based scholarship (both to a state school). How is that fair?

Nope its a BS ruling that was politically motivated. Spending money is not free speech, standing on a corner saying that OSP is a complete douche would be free speech, this is not.

For another political scam that is hurting the every day american:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...ll-corporation
1) Where in the fuck is that guy going to school?

2) Still miffed by my "derf'ed" comment in the other thread I see...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #125
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #126
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
But it's also not fair that a bunch of screaming idiot college students or bored middle class white people can scream and threaten a politician to get their policy enacted.

Isn't that what a Government is SUPPOSED to be? Or have you lost sight of "for the people by the people"?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #127
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
People (which businesses are made of) have a right to do what they want with their private property/money. It's not fair that big businesses can buy their way into getting a policy they want. But it's also not fair that a bunch of screaming idiot college students or bored middle class white people can scream and threaten a politician to get their policy enacted.

Probelm is that big corps are unfairly tipping the scales in their favor through anonymous campaign donations and spending just crazy shit loads of money, that 99% of the rest of the country can't spend because they just don't have it.

And yes screaming (not threatening, unless you are threatening not to vote for the guy) at politicians is how its supposed to be done, thats the point of free speech as originally written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post

1) Rutgers State University of NJ , 4 years of housing, meals, tuition, $40k in project fees (engineering degree), 1 year of transportation because the school ran out of room and put him in housing 8 miles away (and didnt provide buses). Then add on to that figure interest on the money he borrowed, so the number is probably closer to $300k for a state school. Thats like buying a fucking house! At the price of a state school!

2) yes, asshole
Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #128
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

In other news, was watching fox and friends this morning and they were very sympathetic (although still being very derogatory about things like age and trust fund babies) to the OWS protests. they even said (gasp!) that they understand that the people are frustrated and that they have a right to be there protesting.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #129
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
1) Rutgers State University of NJ , 4 years of housing, meals, tuition, $40k in project fees (engineering degree), 1 year of transportation because the school ran out of room and put him in housing 8 miles away (and didnt provide buses). Then add on to that figure interest on the money he borrowed, so the number is probably closer to $300k for a state school. Thats like buying a fucking house! At the price of a state school!
That's ridiculous... you shouldn't factor in housing, transportation, meals, etc - those are costs you'd have anyway. Tuition and project fees total, I'd bet are well under what you projected.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #130
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Isn't that what a Government is SUPPOSED to be? Or have you lost sight of "for the people by the people"?
No, it's not. We are a not a democracy. We're a republic that is bounded by laws. Our politicians are not suppose to change laws becuase a majority wants it changed or because some "fat cat CEO" wants it changed. Maybe if someone above would actually read more than a googled search of the constitution and get an understanding of what the founding fathers intended when they wrote it, then they'd see that A) you have a right to spend your money how you want and giving money to a candidate is political free speech B) treating our country as a democracy is the dumbest thing that has ever been brainwashed into the American (and worldwide) public.

THe whole deal is I, you, nor anybody on this planet has a right to tell a private individual what they can and can't do with their money.