Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #41
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Boasting MotoGP-winning, RC211V-derived chassis and suspension technology, the 2005 CBR1000RR is poised to pick up right where it left off last year: rewriting the annals of open-class inline-four performance. ,BAM! THIS THING IS BAD! This is a ORANGE ,BLACK and BLUE ,REPSOL EDITION 2005 CBR1000RR WITH ONLY 418 MILES!! This bike is ALL CHROME , NOT POLISHED (let me say it again, ALL CHROME)!! FRAME, SWINGARM, TRIPLE TREE, SUBFRAME, WHEELS, FORKS, CARRIERS, PEGS and PEG SETS, CONTROLS and EVERY NUT AND BOLT SEEN WITH THE EYE!! It also has extras that include FULL TITANIUM AKROPOVIC EXHAUST, ORANGE MEMPHIS SHADES WINDSCREEN and INTEGRATED BRAKE LIGHT / TURNS. One of a kind show condition, YOU WILL HAVE THE ONLY ONE!! Get the latest in Hondas 1000cc sportbike and BEAT THE GAS PRICES IN STYLE!!
latest and greatest 4yo bike. laugh worthy

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #42
deals gap dragon slayer
Addicted to Track

Moto: 2007 Kawi ZX-10R

well looks like i got through to him some... there's a small disclaimer under the pics now. its not a victory, but close
deals gap dragon slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #43
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deals gap dragon slayer View Post
well looks like i got through to him some... there's a small disclaimer under the pics now. its not a victory, but close

Congratulations! You've imposed your own brand of Nazism on another human being! Hurray!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #44
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Congratulations! You've imposed your own brand of Nazism on another human being! Hurray!
Well said.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Well said.
I don't know if you're serious on not but I really don't feel that Dealers or any kind of salesmen should be considered "role models" it's ridiculous. That would be like getting mad at a car dealer that shows people driving without seatbelts (in a state where that's legal of course). Oh my GOD,I saw a commercial the other day for a bicycle shop that showed people riding bikes WITHOUT helmets,elbow guards,knee guards etc! Something has to be done!!!! There was also an ad for Office Max where the clerk had pens in his pocket......without a POCKET PROTECTOR!!!! Oh the humanity!!!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #46
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I don't know if you're serious on not but I really don't feel that Dealers or any kind of salesmen should be considered "role models" it's ridiculous. That would be like getting mad at a car dealer that shows people driving without seatbelts (in a state where that's legal of course). Oh my GOD,I saw a commercial the other day for a bicycle shop that showed people riding bikes WITHOUT helmets,elbow guards,knee guards etc! Something has to be done!!!! There was also an ad for Office Max where the clerk had pens in his pocket......without a POCKET PROTECTOR!!!! Oh the humanity!!!!!
You know....I'm sorta with you on this. There's no law that says you can't wear tshirt, shorts, and sandals. Is it smart...of course not...but who cares. We are all adults. We make our own decisions. If these numbskulls want to roll in that attire then it's their choice. I dont give a fuck what they wear.

I wear what I want to wear, you wear what you want to wear, life goes on.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #47
deals gap dragon slayer
Addicted to Track

Moto: 2007 Kawi ZX-10R

there's no law about it... but what about the overall image of the sportbike community. if it starts off with the dealerships promoting irresponsible behavior and riding habits, what chance to safe responsible riders have in a society that already has us labeled as delinquents.

So you approve of a dealer selling a Busa or a liter sport bike to a first time rider who may or may not have his MC license? there's not a law against it... but common sense would urge against it.

I mean I'm sorry... but my insurance rates are high enough for the simple fact that I'm part of a so called statistic because of dipshits who probably should never be on bikes to begin with. But since no one is holding any sort of responsibility things just continue to fall in a downward spiral...

Do I think an MC license should be required to buy a bike... YES

Do I think dealerships who sell to unlicensed riders should be fined, etc...YES

Do I think that the US should use a tiered licensing system similar if not identical to many European countries... YES...

Is that being a Nazi? NO...

Its trying to create better, safer, more responsible riders.
deals gap dragon slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #48
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I dont try to convert people to gear, if they are dumb enough to not protect themselves, one less dumbass we have to worry about on the road.
only people I care about. one of my friends and his girlfriend are both college educated, hell, she is a doctor but they still go out and ride their HD with little to no gear on. in the summer, sunscreen is the gear of choice. just don't understand it. when he was riding a sportbike he wore gear. she just says that she trust his riding. don't matter that there are idiots out there...yada, yada, yada you guys know the rest of it.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #49
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by deals gap dragon slayer View Post
there's no law about it... but what about the overall image of the sportbike community. if it starts off with the dealerships promoting irresponsible behavior and riding habits, what chance to safe responsible riders have in a society that already has us labeled as delinquents.

So you approve of a dealer selling a Busa or a liter sport bike to a first time rider who may or may not have his MC license? there's not a law against it... but common sense would urge against it.

I mean I'm sorry... but my insurance rates are high enough for the simple fact that I'm part of a so called statistic because of dipshits who probably should never be on bikes to begin with. But since no one is holding any sort of responsibility things just continue to fall in a downward spiral...

Do I think an MC license should be required to buy a bike... YES

Do I think dealerships who sell to unlicensed riders should be fined, etc...YES

Do I think that the US should use a tiered licensing system similar if not identical to many European countries... YES...

Is that being a Nazi? NO...

Its trying to create better, safer, more responsible riders.
I don't think dealers should sell newbs those bikes either, but they do...and often. If a kid walks in and wants a ninja 250 most dealers will try to sell him the zx14. Why? Because it's more money, more commission, more cash in his pocket.

But if a newb is dumb enough to buy it then fuck 'em.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #50
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Thanks Rogue

I started selling bikes in June of last year, and I can't tell y'all the number of 18-20 year olds that have never ridden that have come in wanting a liter bike because the 600's are "too slow". I just give them a look and say "what, 160mph is too slow for ya? How quick do you want to die?"

I will not ever try to upsell someone on a bike for a few dollars more commission if I don't think they're skilled enough to handle it. I usually try to turn the newbs to the Ninja 250, 500 or 650 or at best a ZZR (still have one left) or R6S.

Had a guy in the other week telling me his girlfriend needed a liter bike to keep up with him on his "Busa" in the curves. I told him I'd run him on any 600 in the curves for the title to his bike and he thought I was crazy This guy had to be 30 or so too, but some people have no clue.

Some people have no scruples and no concious, hell if I was trying to get rich I sure wouldn't be selling bikes for a living, and won't be long anyway with the economy heading where its going. $10 or $100 dollars on one sale isn't worth it to me. I just wish our owner would stock more gear, we've got very little in stock so it's kinda hard to push it though I do tell them to go somewhere if they don't order it from us. I do what I can but I sleep well at night.
you're one of the few.

one sales guy wanted the dealership to find someone that would loan to higher risk people. WTF? lets sell something to someone that can't afford it. wait, that's what they did in the real estate industry. worked for them.

I've seen them upsell to a complete idiot and see the bike come back wadded up. but I've also seen a 250 come back in the same condition lol some people just shouldn't ride.

for the most part I absolutely hate salespeople. I don't even trust that the name they gave me is the right one.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote