Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6
Default Yesterday was a long and intersting day...

Mark and I took the bikes for a ride today down the 101 to the 150 and onto the 33. We stopped right before the 33 to have some food and then went on our way. We get going on the 33...we both see a bike coming fast behind us so we pull towards the right and wave for him to pass. He was on a beautiful red 2005 R1. There was another bike a little further back but he was going slower and we were headed towards a turn so I figured he could pass after the turn. We start making this turn and both Mark and I see this puff of dust and a guy sitting in the dirt, in full leathers...no bike to be seen.

Of course we pull over and make sure he is okay. He said he landed in the bushes and crawled up and seems to be okay. I asked if he needed a phone. He said his buddy had one and asked us if we saw a Triumph go by. That was the bike that was behind us and just kept going when we stopped...must not have seen the crash.

The guy said all he needed was his friend and asked if we could try and catch him. This was my first time on this road and Mark is much faster than I am so Mark heads off to try and find the friend. I just hung back and stayed with the guy who crashed.

This guy's bike was down a little hill in the trees and bushes...looked like a mess! The guy climbs down to grab something from the trunk and comes back saying he cracked the frame.

So about 15 minutes go by and a friend of Mark rides by on his bike. He was all confused as to why I was sitting on the side of the road with some guy in leathers with just my bike. He hung out with us for a bit but when Mark and the friend did not come back he went looking for them.

Mark rode 25 miles before he caught up with the guy! And then they had to ride the 25 miles back to meet back up with us.

The sucky thing was that this guy rode from Los Angeles to Ojai that morning just to ride that road and totaled his bike just a mile or two in.

The two guys piled onto one bike and headed somewhere they would have cell phone reception while Mark, his friend, and myself headed into the mountains to continue our ride.

We go the rest of the 25 miles (a second run for Mark) and we found there was a tiny bit of snow remaining. I am not a snow girl but because it was warm and my coworkers always make fun of me for not liking snow I had to take some pictures.

This is the first time I have held snow in at least 15 years.

It was a very good day for us. I rode 150 miles...longest I have ever ridden at once. Mark ended up going about 200.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Glad that wasn't one of y'all shooting off the road! Good day for y'all, bad for the other guy.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

thats ice lol-looks like fun

any other pics of marks gix? its like 10yrs old but still looks pretty sweet
Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
thats ice lol-looks like fun

any other pics of marks gix? its like 10yrs old but still looks pretty sweet
I am still calling it snow!

Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Old 03-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Wow! I cannot imagine riding with a friend and not looking back to see him for 25 miles Good thing you guys were there to stop and lend a hand.
Nice avi picture too BTW!

150 miles? Depends on the pace but after I road 800 miles back from the Dragon one day nothing else has ever seemed long!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

That sounds like quite the adventure! Good on ya'll for stopping! Who knows what his buddy was thinking, dayum, didnt even know it for 25 miles? Id rethink my riding partner!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

no pics of the wrecked bike, FOR SHAME!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

How about show us a pic of your derrier cladded in leathers?

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Wow! I cannot imagine riding with a friend and not looking back to see him for 25 miles Good thing you guys were there to stop and lend a hand.
Nice avi picture too BTW!

150 miles? Depends on the pace but after I road 800 miles back from the Dragon one day nothing else has ever seemed long!
The guy that went down was going faster than his buddy so he just assumed is friend was in front of him the whole time.

150 seemed long enough for me! My body is still sore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
no pics of the wrecked bike, FOR SHAME!!!!
I felt too bad for the guy to take a picture. It was really sad...poor R1 all smashed up in the bushes and leaning on a tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
How about show us a pic of your derrier cladded in leathers?
My leathers are not fitted in the least so the back end does not look that great. I may actually have a pic up somewhere from when I got my back protector...maybe.