Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Garden entrance, check yourself out line. In and out, easy peesy.
Those close down in the winter 'round here so no dice there.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Fuck Walmart.
This.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Fuck Walmart.

No, Fuck Walmart's parking lot. I can't even drive through without twitching... I refuse to go in. It isn't shopping that I have an issue with. It's parking and checking out. There's a REASON there is a PeopleOfWalmart site.
And I thought I was impatient... takes me about 30 seconds from the time I pull into the lot, until the time I'm parked... check out always fucking blows, but lawn and garden is TOTALLY the way to go.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
And I thought I was impatient... takes me about 30 seconds from the time I pull into the lot, until the time I'm parked... check out always fucking blows, but lawn and garden is TOTALLY the way to go.

I'm telling you, I can get parked and walk in from the back. I can even shop, and walk around. I go to check out and my head eats itself.

Last time I was there will probably be the last time I will shop at a Walmart unless I have no other choice. There was a woman ahead of me in the check-out with a baby in her cart. This baby was left to dig in it's diaper and pull it apart... then proceeded to touch EVERYTHING around it. Now, in my head this small child has touched everything that I have put in my cart. *twitch* Add to that the woman behind me wheezing while reeking of ashtray and complaining about her allergies - yeah, sure, allergies. It was probably something you had to be there for the entire experience... I'm not going back because I have better options. For me, my $4 of savings aren't worth it.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Only one reason I go to Walmart is they carry Mobil1 15W-50. That's what I use on track days.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:

I'm telling you, I can get parked and walk in from the back. I can even shop, and walk around. I go to check out and my head eats itself.

Last time I was there will probably be the last time I will shop at a Walmart unless I have no other choice. There was a woman ahead of me in the check-out with a baby in her cart. This baby was left to dig in it's diaper and pull it apart... then proceeded to touch EVERYTHING around it. Now, in my head this small child has touched everything that I have put in my cart. *twitch* Add to that the woman behind me wheezing while reeking of ashtray and complaining about her allergies - yeah, sure, allergies. It was probably something you had to be there for the entire experience... I'm not going back because I have better options. For me, my $4 of savings aren't worth it.
You know shit like this happens everywhere right? It isn't reserved for just "low class" people. I have seen rich old ladies do much worse. As for kids, don't get me started on Mrs Self Righteous Soccer Mom that is too busy chatting on her iPhone in Target while her children run around the store destroying the place.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You know shit like this happens everywhere right? It isn't reserved for just "low class" people. I have seen rich old ladies do much worse. As for kids, don't get me started on Mrs Self Righteous Soccer Mom that is too busy chatting on her iPhone in Target while her children run around the store destroying the place.
I was at the GAP outlet store with my daughters. There was a line forming at the checkout because this woman with her two small children couldn't decide whether she wanted to commit to buying THIS item or THAT item and the girl at the counter was humoring her. Her two children; one with a ponytail on the top of her head with a nook in her face and shoes that squeaked with each step like a terrier's squeaky toy, the other a boy about 18 months older that thought it was "fun" to play on the rope that defines the line. They were allowed to run amok. That is, until another mother showed up with her child about the same age and SHE said no to her child. That mother said to the other - after the first with the rotten children said something with a downward glance to her - "No one likes your children."

BAM

Awesome.

Nothing in the world will sting a bad mother as being told by another mother that they SUCK - or being told they have rotten kids.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Some of you are getting all defensive about shopping at Walmart. Hey, if it floats your boat, fine, I have no problem with that. But facts are facts:

1) The article proved that Walmart doesn't always have the best prices.
2) Walmart customers are a lower statum of society, and are more likely to annoy or disgust you with the way they behave.
3) Their checkouts suck.
4) You can't see where the different departments are, unless maybe you're 7 feet tall.
5) There's piles of shit in your way, blocking your path. I prefer wide aisles, I don't like having to wait for other people to manuever their cart around that pile of boxes.
6) Often it's disorganized, like for example they'll have a sale on HP printers, so they'll put them in 2 entirely different parts of the store. Why the hell do I want to see printers near the laundry soap?
7) If you go late at night, the stockboys & forklifts are blocking your path.
8) Even Trip, who lives in one of the states Walmart dominates, says their produce sucks.

Facts are facts, the world has spoken.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-25-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Target is like Apple. Flashy boxes and presentation but the shit is still made in China like every elses products.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Target is like Apple. Flashy boxes and presentation but the shit is still made in China like every elses products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I don't know about your area... but Target always has hot chicks in it. They flock there.
Yep, flashy boxes.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote