Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT
Default Pics from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska trip

I know it's been a couple of months and I haven't posted many pics.

Honestly, this trip took a mental toll on me that I did not expect, and had never experienced before. When we got back home, I was pissed that I felt like I wasted 3 weeks of vacation time, I was pissed that it didn't feel like a vacation at all and was really more work than it should have been, so I just didn't really come back with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Fast forward 2 months, I'm much happier now about it. LOL. It was worth it, even though I doubt my motorcycle travels will ever take me to Prudhoe Bay again (unless one of my friends are as hardheaded as me and tells me they will go by themselves).

I have been riding since 1993. 18 years of riding experience, 8 years of vacations By Way of Motorcycle, 100,000 plus miles under my belt, and visiting every state in the country didn't prepare me for the assault on my senses this trip provided.

This was something that I have planned in the back of my mind for 8 years. I knew it was something I could not ask anybody to do with me. I never asked my best friend to go. He was prepared to let me go by myself until he read up on the Dalton Highway. Thanks to other friends telling him to not let me go by myself, to him finally realizing what this trip was, he said *there's no way I'm letting you go by yourself.* He bought a KLR like mine, prepped it himself, set aside 3 weeks of vacation, and we did it.

We've been best friends for 22 years. The ONLY reason we didn't strangle each other is because we have been friends that long.

It wasn't easy, and I will tell anybody that asks not to go, and it's not worth the trouble of getting there. Of course, these words are empty, as anybody that's *thinking* about going up there, has already decided they are going, and I won't be able to talk them out of it. People tried to talk me out of it. No. I had to do this.

On to the pictures. Enough of my rambling. If y'all have any specific questions, let me know and I'll gladly answer them.

It'll take a bit to link and add captions, so freakin' be patient.

Last edited by G-Rex; 11-13-2011 at 08:49 PM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote