Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...
Default He was handing out Chick-fil-A sandwiches, that's all

Just, you know, forcefully...

I don't know details about the political affiliations of this author, which are listed at the end, though I can guess some. But the questions he asks are pretty valid, in my opinion:

Skipping Over the Shooting at FRC

Brent Bozell's column is released twice a week.
By L. Brent Bozell | Brent Bozell III – Fri, Aug 17, 2012.

Floyd Corkins, a volunteer for the last six months at the D.C. Center for the LGBT Community, marched into the Family Research Center with a gun and serious ammunition, denounced FRC's policy positions and shot a security guard in the arm before being subdued. Another hate crime, but this time against, perhaps, the pre-eminent pro-family organization in America. CBS gave the story 20 seconds. NBC spent 17 seconds.

Imagine a volunteer for the Family Research Council marching into some gay group's headquarters with a gun, and after shouting his opposition to the homosexual agenda, opened fire and wounded a guard before being subdued. Never mind evening news. This would be breaking news! and for days there would be seemingly endless coverage of continued conservative hatred.

These networks are aiding and abetting liberal violence by refusing to identify it as liberal violence. Whether it's vandalism at Chick-fil-A or rapes in Occupy Wall Street camps, these networks simply cannot find "news" in liberal violence of any kind.

One can easily imagine how the national media elite justify their decision to spike the story. No one was killed or in danger of dying. There are dozens of shootings a day in the D.C. area; this is just one more. We have more important things to cover. Both CBS and NBC spent more than two minutes promoting team Obama's "DREAM Act" amnesty for students. NBC devoted two minutes and 45 seconds to a Chelsea Clinton story on orphaned baby elephants in Africa.

These same media outlets pounce on allegations of conservative hatred, even when there isn't a scintilla of evidence. The Oklahoma City bombing was caused by hatred from right-wing talk radio. The Aurora, Colo., killer was a member of the tea party. So, too, was the man who shot Gabby Giffords. On and on it goes; and over and over it turns out not to be true.

ABC led "World News" with the story on the FRC shooting and saluted the heroic security guard for saving the FRC from a mass shooting in their offices. They were the exception.

Our taxpayer-funded media were silent. The "PBS NewsHour" offered nothing. It did have time to announce, "About four million Bumbo baby seats are being recalled because infants can fall out of them." NPR offered no story on "All Things Considered" on Wednesday night but did find time to report on cheating at a national Scrabble tournament. NPR also skipped it on Thursday's "Morning Edition" but covered the riveting story of "inter-tribal cattle violence" in South Sudan.

MSNBC's primetime lineup, starting with Chris Matthews, said nothing about the shooting at FRC — except for Rachel Maddow, who offered a slightly longer brief than Brian Williams. This is the same network that went over the top and around the bend that someone at a tea party rally was carrying a weapon at a rally. So why can't they produce one full story on an actual shooting at a conservative office?

On Thursday morning, the network pattern continued: ABC offered another full story (adding the LGBT volunteer connection). By contrast, NBC offered a tiny anchor-read update. CBS aired nothing but did find the time for a story on the 40th anniversary of the movie "Deliverance." Burt Reynolds in make-believe is somehow more newsworthy than a left-winger aiming to massacre up an office of conservative Christians.

CNN was the most offensive of all. Brian Brown of the National Organization for Marriage was interviewed on Thursday morning's "Early Start" and protested how the Southern Poverty Law Center's "hate group" designation for several Christian conservative groups — including FRC — is obviously now causing real harm.

In reply, with zero sense of post-shooting decency, CNN anchor Zoraida Sambolin suggested the FRC absolutely deserved the SPLC's "hate group" label, reading from a 1999 FRC pamphlet on the National Man-Boy Love Association and gay activists. She berated Brown: "It is spewing hate, isn't it? ... So it's hate spewing hate."

Within 24 hours of a gay-left activist shooting at the FRC, the world-class jerks at CNN are still demeaning FRC and social conservatives as "hate groups" that should be drummed out of the public conversation.

L. Brent Bozell III is the president of the Media Research Center. To find out more about Brent Bozell III, and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.

COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM

http://news.yahoo.com/skipping-over-...44.html?_esi=1

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Some serious fuckary afoot here...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Was anyone killed?
Was it just some gay dude walking in and shooting the guard in the arm?

How much coverage is this supposed to get?
If its a gay dude complaining about a conservative organization with a thing for anti gay yapping...why is it a "liberal" thing?

Gay does not equal liberal.
Gay "agenda" does not equal "liberal" agenda.

As for the lopsided coverage, gay mafia doesn't mess around.
Someone may have died as a result of ABC coverage.
Surprised it wasn't reported as a slip and fall.
"Oh no sugar...that man fell on that bullet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

The amount of coverage this shooting got should be the amount of coverage every shooting should get. All the media does is make these fucking nutzo's want to do it more so they can get "famous."
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Was anyone killed?
Was it just some gay dude walking in and shooting the guard in the arm?

How much coverage is this supposed to get?
More than 20 seconds.

The most valid question I see in this guy's diatribe is, "What if the roles were reversed?" I think, if you're honest with yourself, you can say for certain what would have happened if a "conservative" looney had busted in to a Planned Parenthood somewhere, obviously intent on killing multiple people, but was luckily stopped by a guard. We'd still be hearing about it every 20 minutes in the 24 hour "news" cycle. Pretty much the way Fox News is still harping on the actual incident.

I don't think the shooter is gay. All I've heard so far is that he "vehemently supports gay marriage / gay rights." I haven't yet seen an article that identifies him as gay. In fact, it's fairly homophobic for you to assume he's gay. I think you'll be getting more than 20 seconds of coverage from CBS...

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by fatbuckRTO; 08-20-2012 at 01:58 PM..
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
More than 20 seconds.

The most valid question I see in this guy's diatribe is, "What if the roles were reversed?" I think, if you're honest with yourself, you can say for certain what would have happened if a "conservative" looney had busted in to a Planned Parenthood somewhere, obviously intent on killing multiple people, but was luckily stopped by a guard. We'd still be hearing about it every 20 minutes in the 24 hour "news" cycle. Pretty much the way Fox News is still harping on the actual incident.

I don't think the shooter is gay. All I've heard so far is that he "vehemently supports gay marriage / gay rights." I haven't yet seen an article that identifies him as gay. In fact, it's fairly homophobic for you to assume he's gay. I think you'll be getting more than 20 seconds of coverage from CBS...
Forget all this... even though it's right...

Through last week I was still seeing coverage of the Chick-Fil-A thing... you'd think that since they're still talking about it, a FUCKING SHOOTING would have been bigger news.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
More than 20 seconds.

I have a race card so I have access to different news cycles and I guess "shootings" where no one dies isn't exactly a big deal since that happens all the time. I can understand how many want pull out a victim card on this since it is so rare for "conservative" folks actually get concrete evidence that they are a real victim of something.

I also don't watch TV news and usually skip over shootings in my news feeds.

It doesn't matter if the guy is gay. What matters is that at some point, a gay thing happened.
I think the bigger issue here is that gays and jews are touchy subjects in media organizations.
An assignment turned in that paints either in a negative light could put you on someone's shit list at work.
Jews have their holocaust cards and they don't expire until 2046.
Right now gays are going through a lot of bullshit just to get the same rights as everyone else so they are getting special treatment in the media.

As for role reversal...there is already an established history\narrative of the opposite happening and that audience is a bankable item. How are you going to switch it up without pissing off your core audience.

TV news is ad driven reality based entertainment. This story of some guy wounding a security guard at a known doochbag organization might be a tough sell and orgs are looking for someone else to do the start up work. If its a big seller at some affiliate maybe one of the big ones will come up with an angle that will not piss off their gay mafia overlords.

I would like it for them to pound this story as an anti-gun piece just so it could throw wanna be victim conservatives off track and get the gun nuts all riled up.

In summary...I believe that this incident is further proof that we should ban things and regulate them in away that makes those people safe and such.

I guess another point I should add is that its hard to keep interested in this topic

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 08-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Forget all this... even though it's right...

Through last week I was still seeing coverage of the Chick-Fil-A thing... you'd think that since they're still talking about it, a FUCKING SHOOTING would have been bigger news.
So chicka fil connection should be the selling point of the story if it were to be blown up in the news cycle?

Quote:
Old 08-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
So chicka fil connection should be the selling point of the story if it were to be blown up in the news cycle?
Not necessarily, I'm saying that you'd think it would at least garner more attention because of that. Hell, the guy who went into a movie theater with guns and knives AND DIDN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING got 10x more coverage than this.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Since when was chick-fil-a connected to this story?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote