Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
What happens everytime a white person doesn't want to do a job. They hire Mexicans.
Or rather, what happens when American companies don't want to pay real wages anymore.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

This just goes to prove that the white man is viewed as the superior race...even amongst the other races. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
This just goes to prove that the white man is viewed as the superior race...even amongst the other races. lol
Odd considering when I hear "Asian" the first thing this honky thinks of is "Engineer" or "Accountant" along with "Doctor" though it seems the doctor title is going to the Indians now.

I wonder if they hire black people for security?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #14
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
It reminds me of stories I have heard (all 2nd, 3rd, or more hand stories, nothing verifiable so don't take it as fact) of small businesses that want to contract with the government getting a minority or a woman as a front for the company. They then get disadvantaged small business status and priority for government business.
http://www.mbda.gov/?section_id=3&bu...ll=entire_page

examples
http://www.nylovesmwbe.ny.gov/
http://www.thinkkentucky.com/smbd/SMBB.aspx
http://www.mississippi.org/index.php?id=5
http://gss.omb.delaware.gov/omwbe/index.shtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #15
goof2
AMA Supersport

I know disadvantaged status exists for minority and woman owned businesses. What I am not sure of is fraudulently putting a woman or minority as the face of the company to qualify for that status. In order to be certified as minority or woman owned at least 51% of a company must be owned by a woman or minority and the management and daily operations must be controlled by them. They are certified by the government so it probably isn't too difficult to fool them but that is where speculation enters in to it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
I know disadvantaged status exists for minority and woman owned businesses. What I am not sure of is fraudulently putting a woman or minority as the face of the company to qualify for that status. In order to be certified as minority or woman owned at least 51% of a company must be owned by a woman or minority and the management and daily operations must be controlled by them. They are certified by the government so it probably isn't too difficult to fool them but that is where speculation enters in to it.

Are you claiming conspiracy?

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #17
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Are you claiming conspiracy?
Nope, just rumor. Even if I had evidence to back it up it would still be fraud on the part of the businesses and incompetency on the part of the government, not conspiracy.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Nope, just rumor. Even if I had evidence to back it up it would still be fraud on the part of the businesses and incompetency on the part of the government, not conspiracy.
Well...its not a rumor. I know a few small business owners who have their wife listed as head honcho for the lulz value.

<Homeslice on>
Typically a white small business owner in putting their wife on all the paperwork
<Homeslice off>

The awesome part is that with the big push for some gov agencies to reduce headcounts, it makes even harder for to investigate as more folks are stuck under heaps of paperwork.

Quote: