Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6
Default Why men are attracted to women with small feet

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...mall-feet.html

Quote:
Which face is more attractive? If you chose the face on the left, you share the tastes of most heterosexual men. It is a composite face, or "morph", made from the faces of eight women with unusually small feet. The face on the right is a morph of eight women with unusually large feet.

It's quite a difference, isn't it? Women with smaller feet have prettier faces, at least according to the men who took part in this study. So do women with longer thigh bones and narrower hips, as well as women who are taller overall. And the contest isn't even a close one. "These are the most strikingly different morphs I've ever seen," says Jeremy Atkinson, an evolutionary psychologist at the University at Albany, New York.

Atkinson and his colleague Michelle Rowe measured hand length, foot length, thigh length and hip width on 60 white female college students, then adjusted each measurement to account for individual differences in overall height. For each of 16 body-part measurements, they selected the eight women with the shortest lengths and the eight with the longest, and constructed morphs of their faces. These morphs were then rated for attractiveness by 77 heterosexual male students.

The men were three-and-a-half times as likely to pick the short-footed morph as more attractive, and almost 10 times as likely to say it was more feminine, Atkinson and Rowe found.

Similarly, they were more than 11 times as likely to pick the narrow-hipped morph as more attractive, and eight times as likely to choose the long-thighed morph, the researchers reported at a meeting of the Human Behavior and Evolution Society in Eugene, Oregon, last month.

Tough beginnings
Atkinson thinks men find these features attractive because they serve as markers of a healthy childhood. Biologists know that stress and poor nutrition during foetal development and puberty can affect sex hormone levels and cause earlier puberty.

This can leave such women relatively short and stout, while those with a more benign childhood continue growing for longer, and attain a slenderer, more stereotypically feminine face and body, which most men find more attractive.

Atkinson's explanation makes sense, says David Perrett, a psychologist at the University of St. Andrews, UK, who studies facial attractiveness. Since faces and bodies are shaped by the same hormones, he says, you should be able to predict the attractiveness of one body part by looking at another.

Complicated men
The researchers also morphed 67 men and asked 82 heterosexual women to rate the attractiveness and masculinity of morphs of eight male faces, selected, as before, by the same 16 body part measurements. The results were less clear-cut than they had been for women: the female viewers chose morphs of men with long torsos as being more attractive, but they also thought men with small wrists were more attractive.

Women may lack a consistent preference because powerful, masculine men can be a mixed blessing, evolutionarily speaking, says Atkinson. "If they go for a big alpha male, they'll get good genes," he says. "But they may be left to raise the child themselves."

Indeed, the women who took part in the study were twice as likely to rate the large-wristed morph as more open to sex without love, and by the same margin opted for the small-wristed morph as a better candidate for a long-term relationship.

If you would like to reuse any content from New Scientist
Old 07-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Weird.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

see, there people go making things complicated again

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Ladies,

I have small wrists and a long, ahem, torso but am also amicable to sex without love.

If you have small feet PM me for my number...LOL!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

So for all these years ive been saying, "take your top off" when i should have been saying, "take your shoes off."
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Of all the various appendages women feature whose size I concern myself with, I can honestly say feet were never one of them
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Of all the various appendages women feature whose size I concern myself with, I can honestly say feet were never one of them
that's why I'm sayin' they're making it more complicated than it needs to be

It's simple: if she looks like a dude:

if not:

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I love girls with soft petite feet. Soft on your face, shoulders, chest, shorter is good or they flap against your ears.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I love girls with soft petite feet. Soft on your face, shoulders, chest, shorter is good or they flap against your ears.
Yup. Sure would suck for a woman with freak feet to hit your dick while changing positions.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
She could have bilbo baggins feet I'm still gonna lick em
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote