Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #21
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I really hope they come out with a new 1190cr. I could see one of those in my future.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I was stoked... until I clicked the link. Seriously, I had to scroll 3/4 of the way down the page just to get to the bike and past the sweatshirts and other clothing. Weak sauce.
I didnt even see the bike, I gave up on the clothes
Old 09-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

So what will be the powerplant on the thing? Does EB still have ties with Rotax, or did he lose contract when HD axed him?
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Rotax is still in tight with him, his contract with them preceded being purchased by H-D but they haven't done anything but this one engine and were developing the 1190 version when H-D droppedhim on his head.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Rotax is still in tight with him, his contract with them preceded being purchased by H-D but they haven't done anything but this one engine and were developing the 1190 version when H-D droppedhim on his head.
i want to see a v4 or a triple goddamit.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #26
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i want to see a v4 or a triple goddamit.
Or wouldn't it be INSANE to build a American I-4 bike to compete with Japanese supersports. Maybe actually match the displacement for the classes they like to bullshit into? I think a lot of people would be happy to trade in there foreign 600's and 1000's to try an American version of a bike in a class they are already in. KTM's and BMW's are already popping up at tracks everywhere. Get crazy buell.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:40 AM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Or wouldn't it be INSANE to build a American I-4 bike to compete with Japanese supersports. Maybe actually match the displacement for the classes they like to bullshit into? I think a lot of people would be happy to trade in there foreign 600's and 1000's to try an American version of a bike in a class they are already in. KTM's and BMW's are already popping up at tracks everywhere. Get crazy buell.
dont get me wrong, id love to see this too. the fact that 99% of american bikes only have one engine style irks the fuck out of me. we didnt invent the v2, so why is it the only acceptable choice? its pure insanity.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 AM   #28
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Erik could build a 300hp v-7 power plant and make his bikes handle even better, and people would still complain about something.. "look he's trying to sell a t-shirt to keep his business going! GET HIM!!"
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
So what will be the powerplant on the thing? Does EB still have ties with Rotax, or did he lose contract when HD axed him?
Rotax tried to buy Buell when HD made the closure announcement. HD denied them. Assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Erik could build a 300hp v-7 power plant and make his bikes handle even better, and people would still complain about something.. "look he's trying to sell a t-shirt to keep his business going! GET HIM!!"
Absolutely the truest post of ALL FUCKING TIME.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I was stoked... until I clicked the link. Seriously, I had to scroll 3/4 of the way down the page just to get to the bike and past the sweatshirts and other clothing. Weak sauce.
Agreed. However, it did get me to check out erikbuellracing.com.

Quote:
Fuck that... fuck I4's. Yeah, they win at the track, but they are the gingers of the bike world IMHO... without a soul. A V4 however... I'd leg hump that. And if you want to blame someone for 1125's in the 600 class, the AMA should be your first call.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote