Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #51
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Derf u are correct. Even though victory is just as american made they don't get the same attn for being american made. Of coarse they probably don't spend $$$ to ensure that either. Understanding that hd probably spends more in advertisement than most companies have in their entire budget. Lol

I'm really thought. Everybody here, besides Marko, raise ur hand if you have been following the york,pa hd factory talks? They are cutting nearly half their jobs there for a projected $100M cost savings. Smart finacial move. Do I agree with any job cuts? Hell no. However, do I agree with them doing what needs to be done to ensure 2 priorities? 1. Staying in biz. 2. Keeping that production here vs overseas.

Do they have to tighten the purse strings to survive the recession? Sure. What biz hasn't? Will they fold? As soon as pigs fly thru a frozen hell. I mean shit. Even IF it got that bad. The feds wouldn't let chrysler fail and there were 2 others standing right next to them. Sorry boys but HD won't be going anywhere soon.

Oh and mr derf. I will give you this. My standard tactic where I show robber how I made my steel pocket whip smoke doesn't apply to you, cause GD I actually think you're a decent guy. Even though being from dirty jersey you probably wouldn't see the smoke due to being accustom to it and thinking its normal smoggy air. So what am I to do? Hopefully ill have time to figure somin out.
They let Indian, E.H., etc go.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #52
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Derf u are correct. Even though victory is just as american made they don't get the same attn for being american made. Of coarse they probably don't spend $$$ to ensure that either. Understanding that hd probably spends more in advertisement than most companies have in their entire budget. Lol

I'm really thought. Everybody here, besides Marko, raise ur hand if you have been following the york,pa hd factory talks? They are cutting nearly half their jobs there for a projected $100M cost savings. Smart finacial move. Do I agree with any job cuts? Hell no. However, do I agree with them doing what needs to be done to ensure 2 priorities? 1. Staying in biz. 2. Keeping that production here vs overseas.

Do they have to tighten the purse strings to survive the recession? Sure. What biz hasn't? Will they fold? As soon as pigs fly thru a frozen hell. I mean shit. Even IF it got that bad. The feds wouldn't let chrysler fail and there were 2 others standing right next to them. Sorry boys but HD won't be going anywhere soon.

Oh and mr derf. I will give you this. My standard tactic where I show robber how I made my steel pocket whip smoke doesn't apply to you, cause GD I actually think you're a decent guy. Even though being from dirty jersey you probably wouldn't see the smoke due to being accustom to it and thinking its normal smoggy air. So what am I to do? Hopefully ill have time to figure somin out.
Did you read that the PA government, ya the one I work for, gave HD $15 million bucks to stay here. They were gonna give them over $20 million if they wouldn't have cut the jobs.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #53
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Did you read that the PA government, ya the one I work for, gave HD $15 million bucks to stay here. They were gonna give them over $20 million if they wouldn't have cut the jobs.
Damn, how many people they have working there to throw that kind of money at HD.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #54
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
We actually have a number of threads like this going right now... one or some guys have "premium" gear, TVs, AV equipment, bikes, etc and a bunch of people that are too cheap/poor to get the good stuff sit around and rag on them for it. People used to envy those that could afford the best, now you're a "douche" if you get anything but the bare, basic necessity.

More than just what people can afford and what they want vs what is a big difference than what is appropriate. Imaginge having a 60 inch flat screen in a 10x10 room with full surround sound and stadium seaing? Yeh it's cool, and expensive as shit, but not appropriate for the size room , a 60" tv is best veiwed from 15 feet just so you dont have to turn your head side to side to look at the whole thing.

How many people need a $3000 alienware computer so they can sit down and search the internet? You can get away with a $500 computer and have the same internet experience

Same goes for some construction worker who earns $7/hr and has never ridden, financing an HD Road King probably isnt the smartest moves when it would cost 1/2 your salary.

There is nothing wrong with owning the top of the line stuff, just that for 99% of the folks out there who do , it isnt really appropriate nor does it fit into their lifestyle, thats why people in this country are in so much debt.

And Tigger you are a douche. I'm gonna kick you in your sin and steal your $0.02 too.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #55
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
We actually have a number of threads like this going right now... one or some guys have "premium" gear, TVs, AV equipment, bikes, etc and a bunch of people that are too cheap/poor to get the good stuff sit around and rag on them for it. People used to envy those that could afford the best, now you're a "douche" if you get anything but the bare, basic necessity.
I agree man. I'm like you, if I buy it, im buying the best. Everything from a t-shirt to a tv to a motorcycle. My dad taught me from a young age to go with what I know works. And my old mans the same. Sure, I coulda got something cheaper than my HD, my Toshiba Regza, my F8 (sled), but I didnt, cuz I want the fucking best! Quality and bragging rights. There, I said it.

Fuck em, they're just jealous. If they weren't, they wouldnt bitch about it.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #56
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
More than just what people can afford and what they want vs what is a big difference than what is appropriate. Imaginge having a 60 inch flat screen in a 10x10 room with full surround sound and stadium seaing? Yeh it's cool, and expensive as shit, but not appropriate for the size room , a 60" tv is best veiwed from 15 feet just so you dont have to turn your head side to side to look at the whole thing.

How many people need a $3000 alienware computer so they can sit down and search the internet? You can get away with a $500 computer and have the same internet experience

Same goes for some construction worker who earns $7/hr and has never ridden, financing an HD Road King probably isnt the smartest moves when it would cost 1/2 your salary.

There is nothing wrong with owning the top of the line stuff, just that for 99% of the folks out there who do , it isnt really appropriate nor does it fit into their lifestyle, thats why people in this country are in so much debt.

And Tigger you are a douche. I'm gonna kick you in your sin and steal your $0.02 too.
Cojnstruction guys up here make a hell of a lot more than that but they live beyond their means anyway

For some people they need to have the latest/greatest, biggest baddest whatever even if it defies common sense.

I dont watch a lotof TV so I have no need for the biggest baddest set, I just want something reliable that aint going to crap out in 2 yrs.

Tom
Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Damn, how many people they have working there to throw that kind of money at HD.

Tom
Listen, I work for the government. I'd love to know WTF that money came from. This state is BROKE as a fucking joke. It took us 101 days past deadline to approve a state budget because we had no fucking money.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #58
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Listen, I work for the government. I'd love to know WTF that money came from. This state is BROKE as a fucking joke. It took us 101 days past deadline to approve a state budget because we had no fucking money.
NY is just as bad, I just wanted to know how many people are employed there, figured must be a good ammount if the STATE, and not just the local govt wants them to stay.

Tom
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #59
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
NY is just as bad, I just wanted to know how many people are employed there, figured must be a good ammount if the STATE, and not just the local govt wants them to stay.

Tom
Our Guv was lobbying HARD to keep them here. It's a huge employer in this area. You where there. I forgot how many people work there. Let me see if I can find out.

Stand by.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #60
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

standing... actually sitting.

Quote:
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote