Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #61
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
And Tigger you are a douche. I'm gonna kick you in your sin and steal your $0.02 too.
Tiggers last 2 cents went into his monster speaker wire purchase.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #62
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

They currently employ nearly 2,000 peeps. Shedding almost a thousand jobs. Rough.

Source: http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/1209/683847.html

Quote:
The operation will have a smaller, more flexible workforce, corresponding to the scale and scope of the operations, with about 1,000 hourly employees compared to about 1,950 today.

The workforce will consist of about 700 to 800 full-time unionized production and maintenance employees and, on an annualized basis, approximately 200 to 300 unionized "casual" employees.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #63
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
My bike was 23k. Right now I can get 17k on trade (I checked), and could easily sell it for that.
WTF are you waiting for?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #64
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
They currently employ nearly 2,000 peeps. Shedding almost a thousand jobs. Rough.

Source: http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/1209/683847.html
Guess with that many peeps it would have impacts in other ares that make their business off of the factory as far as local shops/stores and the employees that will live in the area plugging thier earnings into the local economies.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #65
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Guess with that many peeps it would have impacts in other ares that make their business off of the factory as far as local shops/stores and the employees that will live in the area plugging thier earnings into the local economies.

Tom
Exactly. The factory leaving town woulda been devastating to surrounding biz. Probly why Guv Ed was so eager to toss hundred dollar bills at them like filthy strippers.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #66
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
We actually have a number of threads like this going right now... one or some guys have "premium" gear, TVs, AV equipment, bikes, etc and a bunch of people that are too cheap/poor to get the good stuff sit around and rag on them for it. People used to envy those that could afford the best, now you're a "douche" if you get anything but the bare, basic necessity.
Well these are different times.....Being frugal is more "in". Also, you make a post about everything you buy, so some comments are bound to happen

People make fun of other people for being stupid.......How is this different? For example, if someone spends thousands of dollars on consumer electronics and chrome rims for their car, when they still live in an apartment, well that could reasonably be considered stupid.

Why should ragging on squids and posers be OK, but ragging on people who live outside their means is not? We ALL make stupid decisions in some aspect of our lives, and we deserve to be ragged for them.

Last edited by Homeslice; 12-05-2009 at 02:20 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #67
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Yes dave is a Nazi
i think you're profiling me for my blond hair and clear blue eyes. racist :P
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #68
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i think you're profiling me for my blond hair and clear blue eyes. racist :P
Profile works for me too. I think you are profiling me because of my big nose, horns and good accounting abilities
Old 12-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #69
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Well these are different times.....Being frugal is more "in". Also, you make a post about everything you buy, so some comments are bound to happen

People make fun of other people for being stupid.......How is this different? For example, if someone spends thousands of dollars on consumer electronics and chrome rims for their car, when they still live in an apartment, well that could reasonably be considered stupid.

Why should ragging on squids and posers be OK, but ragging on people who live outside their means is not? We ALL make stupid decisions in some aspect of our lives, and we deserve to be ragged for them.

Says who? Why does someone else get to decide for me what's appropriate? I have zero debt...zero. I have money in the bank and all my bills are paid on time. Why is it okay on this forum to spend $15 on a six pack of beer?

I honestly like living in an apartment. I used to have a house and I got tired of the headaches. For me, being childless and single, an apartment is the way to go. Seriously, what are you misers going to do with all that "equity" anyway? What happens when the housing market tanks?

Why is it "stupid" to buy things that I want if I have the money to do it? I only post about stuff because I thought that some people find it interesting and I like communicating good deals to other members who may be interested.

What's REALLY stupid is having children! What a fucking drain on your resources those little leeches are! Where's the God Damn payback on that one? I could buy a new bike every year for what some people spend on a couple rug rats!

Oh and btw the THX recommended viewing distance for my 55'' TV is about 6'... Shit! I need to go out and get a 90'' TV asap!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #70
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Tiggers last 2 cents went into his monster speaker wire purchase.
I don't buy Monster products you dicks!!! I bought those speaker wires in 1996!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote