Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 04-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Anyone Else Watching The Suzuki Cup? Spoiler

Man,I'm a huge Suzuki fan but AMA Superbike is almost unwatchable. Mat Mlladin winning by 15+ seconds and with a 1.6 sec faster pole time. Not to mention Suzuki's 50 consecutive AMA Superbike wins and 1st thru 5th Suzuki. Yikes!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Well, they wanted to even things up with rule changes (rules must not apply to some), but if you noticed say from 3-8 position the racing is good and those bikes look on par with each other, but I still have to question Yoshimura (being that much better). Reminds me of the Ducati's elsewhere
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Well, they wanted to even things up with rule changes (rules must not apply to some), but if you noticed say from 3-8 position the racing is good and those bikes look on par with each other, but I still have to question Yoshimura (being that much better). Reminds me of the Ducati's elsewhere

Yea,I don't think they're cheating. Besides,Ducati is running last year's WSB bike and they are still losing.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I don't want to say cheating either, cause I'm always that person who wants to reward those who are able to step it up a notch and be ahead of the competition and just because everyone hasn't put those kind of runs together means to just have to step their games up!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Was there Sat/Sun and it kinda sucked. There was no race. Now the other two races were cool. The younger group (Sorry haven't got all the new classes memorized right. I still want to call 'em red bull) rocked!! Those guys ride all out and do some serious racing.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea,I don't think they're cheating. Besides,Ducati is running last year's WSB bike and they are still losing.
Couple of years back superbike was all ducatis though, after the factory team the top guys were guys running the previous years bike. I also think the talent pool is a bit diluted as well. What I would be curious of is suzuki dominant in other superbike races ie canada, england, germany etc....

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #7
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Since the AMA coverage is now almost as bad as Parts Canada Superbike's, I'm not bothering to watch any of the races. It certainly isn't the "Suzuki Cup" aspect that has me ignoring it though. You put the best rider (and Mladin is that, whether you like him or not) on the best bike, and you're going to see win after win.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Since the AMA coverage is now almost as bad as Parts Canada Superbike's, I'm not bothering to watch any of the races. It certainly isn't the "Suzuki Cup" aspect that has me ignoring it though. You put the best rider (and Mladin is that, whether you like him or not) on the best bike, and you're going to see win after win.

Well,I can't argue with that! Besides,if they're "cheating",they must be masters of it considering that they have won 50 consecutive races.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 04-13-2009 at 11:36 AM..