Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #71
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
lets hope you do a better job of attaching the bags to the Buel than you did on the RC
i plan on making a hard mount that is detachable on the buell, i will prolly keep this bike till either the wheels fall off or they stop making parts

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #72
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
i plan on making a hard mount that is detachable on the buell, i will prolly keep this bike till either the wheels fall off or they stop making parts
or until you find something newer and better, you said the same shit about the RC and ZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #73
dReWpY
RIP REX

i know and well, i rode the zx till the headlight fell off, the rc till 36k and was due for more maintence then the bike was worth....

(but ya, i am bad about that!)

what you say trip, u interested in the BMW rally?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #74
dReWpY
RIP REX

im planning on leaving around the fifth of july

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 12-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #75
t-homo
WSB Champion

what is your projected return time?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #76
dReWpY
RIP REX

Mine is sometime before the 26th

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 12-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #77
dReWpY
RIP REX

what kinda of window are you looking at T-rock?

i know that the ironbutt ride starts the 13th and i am planning on being there the night before to get some rest.

as far as hotel/ camping, i plan on camping as much as possible, but i am not planning on camping every night, if its only $5-10 for a hot shower and a warm bed, you better bet im taking the hotel! i plan on pretty much living in my riding gear so frabreeze is mandatory

that brings up a interesting point, what do you guys wear when u do long distance trips like this?

im thinkin of something like underarmour just so there isnt as much skin to gear contact and might help help to keep the funk down.that at its easly packable.

i plan on having the oil fresh at the start of the trip, with a fresh set of pilot roads alot of open road.

I am pondering heading out to deals gap and starting from there, for no other reason then saying, hey i started at deals gap, which most ppl out there would know where it was, lame i know but would make for a great stating picture and begining of the blog write up, which i am going to do because i can take my laptop and droid and get pics up asap

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 12-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #78
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
what kinda of window are you looking at T-rock?

i know that the ironbutt ride starts the 13th and i am planning on being there the night before to get some rest.

as far as hotel/ camping, i plan on camping as much as possible, but i am not planning on camping every night, if its only $5-10 for a hot shower and a warm bed, you better bet im taking the hotel! i plan on pretty much living in my riding gear so frabreeze is mandatory

that brings up a interesting point, what do you guys wear when u do long distance trips like this?

im thinkin of something like underarmour just so there isnt as much skin to gear contact and might help help to keep the funk down.that at its easly packable.

i plan on having the oil fresh at the start of the trip, with a fresh set of pilot roads alot of open road.

I am pondering heading out to deals gap and starting from there, for no other reason then saying, hey i started at deals gap, which most ppl out there would know where it was, lame i know but would make for a great stating picture and begining of the blog write up, which i am going to do because i can take my laptop and droid and get pics up asap
I might have to make the trip back a few days quicker, but overall pretty much the same.

I am all for camping. Just stop at a store on the way to the campsite to grab some food for the night, i would imagine.

How many miles are you planning to average per day, other than the iron butt? Do more miles per day every other day to have long days then a day of relaxation, sight seeing, twistie killin? Under armour will be great because we can hand wash it at night and it will be great by morning.

Same thing on fresh oil and tires. I'll probably get some Pirelli Angel STs or stradas.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #79
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:

You sound like one of them crazy Buell people.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #80
dReWpY
RIP REX

thats not a bad idea, i am planning on spending a day at the pig trail area, bisbee, CO and vegas

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote: