Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
It's not that I even disliked it. I just have better things to spends money on.
I honestly have 1000x more fun on the pit bike than I did on the sportbike on the track. You still get that competition feeling, it's just you can push your ability 100 fold without any worry for yourself or the motorcycle. You can practice backing it in and all sorts of shit I would of never attempted with a $7k motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle man View Post
you bought a gs. That's cheating.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #22
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I honestly have 1000x more fun on the pit bike than I did on the sportbike on the track. You still get that competition feeling, it's just you can push your ability 100 fold without any worry for yourself or the motorcycle. You can practice backing it in and all sorts of shit I would of never attempted with a $7k motorcycle.

lol
I'm just not up for paying 150 or 200 bucks to ride for a day. I only did the first one b/c it was only 100 bucks.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #23
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
It's not that I even disliked it. I just have better things to spends money on.
I'm in the same boat. If that shiz was free I'd be there every weekend. With fuel over $4 though it's spendy just to GET to the track now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #24
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

this is where having your home track a whole 17 miles door to door is jawesome!

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post
this is where having your home track a whole 17 miles door to door is jawesome!
I'd rather have the gap 30 miles away.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #26
CasterTroy

Quote:

This is how I feel about a motard. I'm not a speed freak. I've DONE 170mph, and it didn't blow up my skirt any more than 100mph does. But what it DOES do is increase the "what goes wrong at 60 goes really fuggin wrong at 120" factor for me.

That's why I like my supermoto and SMALL tracks like Patriot. Speed is limited to about 95 mph and you get all the excitement of deals gap without the gravel, fuck-nuts with trailers, oncoming cars, and locals with their oil and kitty litter.

I also like the mini-moto on kart tracks.

On the BIG tracks (VIR full) there's just too many ego-hungry wannabe GP stars that never seemed to get selected by the big guns who try to prove something to everyone else. Whereas on the smaller tracks it really DOES take skills. A huge powerplant can't make up for lack of ability.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
This is how I feel about a motard. I'm not a speed freak. I've DONE 170mph, and it didn't blow up my skirt any more than 100mph does. But what it DOES do is increase the "what goes wrong at 60 goes really fuggin wrong at 120" factor for me.

That's why I like my supermoto and SMALL tracks like Patriot. Speed is limited to about 95 mph and you get all the excitement of deals gap without the gravel, fuck-nuts with trailers, oncoming cars, and locals with their oil and kitty litter.

I also like the mini-moto on kart tracks.

On the BIG tracks (VIR full) there's just too many ego-hungry wannabe GP stars that never seemed to get selected by the big guns who try to prove something to everyone else. Whereas on the smaller tracks it really DOES take skills. A huge powerplant can't make up for lack of ability.
or all the jockeys on liter bikes who blow by you on the straights only for you to reatke them by turn 3
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
or all the jockeys on liter bikes who blow by you on the straights only for you to reatke them by turn 3
This is what I didn't like about the track. I didn't feel comfortable running with the advanced guys, but there were so many idiots in intermediate it wasn't worth riding with them either. Rather just get passed constantly running with the advanced guys.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #29
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
If I bet money every time this happened, I could live at the track.
You and me both sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Gawd those guys are annoying. Gawd forbid you pass them to avoid their sandbagging because they cant take a turn. I gotta say I agree with Troy tho, the tiny technical tracks are way more fun than the tracks with huge sweepers, etc. I like Jennings, but I LOVED Lil Tally. Funny tho, the guys on the liter bikes hated it for some reason...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #30
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I still enjoy the track days, funny thing is some of the tracks I like have the bigger straights, but I like the turns and how those tracks are set up (summit main and vir south) Mid Ohio I realy liked and would love to ride it in anger on my own bike (did the ktm day last year and had the fear of wadding up an 18kdollar bike that wasnt mine)

This year between the baby, rising gas prices and a little property tax issue I probably wont be out this year
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote