Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #21
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Hey, I told you that you rode within 5-6 miles of my house when you and Matt went to that restaurant on Rt. 5 and that you should have called me.

Unfortunately, things have changed in a lot of the Dojos around here - the model is not as hardcore because they need to keep people on the floor. Gotta do what you gotta do to keep the lights on, I guess. I may go back to the pull-ups using a gi. I need to break in a new heavyweight instructor's gi and that usually softens 'em up nicely. That and throwing it over a heavy bag and kicking the fuck out of it.
Maybe 'class for pussies' and a 'studs only class'?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
We have that at our school, we just call the stud class "Pro-class"
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #23
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
We have that at our school, we just call the stud class "Pro-class"
Yeah, the advanced students are held to a bit of a higher standard. A Black Belt is expected to be a Black Belt.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #24
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Speaking of the deadlift, have you ever seen someone try and lift a bike onto the centerstand. Most people put one hand on the handlebar and another on the lift handle above the rear tire. Then they try and heave the bike up. You have to be pretty strong to do that. The centerstand is the most useful thing on the lucky bikes that have one, and most can't use it.

I lift my bikes up by grabbing the rear lift handle with both hands. One foot on the centerstand tang, the other under the lift handle. Then it is a simple deadlift, using legs and straight arms, onto the centerstand. I think I also give it a little shoulder shrug too. Works like a charm every time.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:59 AM   #25
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Finally broke the 5 plates (495) on the deadlift today. Yeah I used chalk. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #26
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Speaking of the deadlift, have you ever seen someone try and lift a bike onto the centerstand. Most people put one hand on the handlebar and another on the lift handle above the rear tire. Then they try and heave the bike up. You have to be pretty strong to do that. The centerstand is the most useful thing on the lucky bikes that have one, and most can't use it.

I lift my bikes up by grabbing the rear lift handle with both hands. One foot on the centerstand tang, the other under the lift handle. Then it is a simple deadlift, using legs and straight arms, onto the centerstand. I think I also give it a little shoulder shrug too. Works like a charm every time.
If you are lifting at all you're doing it wrong. I put my foot on the centerstand tang, one hand on the handlebars, the other on the rear subframe spar and just roll the bike backwards until the centerstand hits the stops - the levering action of the centerstand lifts the bike off the ground.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote