Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I couldn't imagine doing THAT....but...I'm pretty much done with the type of riding I've been doing....I'm ready to ride more...but I want a different experience...riding around with the "go faster" mentality is played out for me right now.

I REALLY want to do road trips....a week on the road...two weeks on the road...Exploring parts of the Country I've not visited yet. I'm close to being able to free up that kind of time and it's what fires my imagination. I'll eventually wind up an old dude on a Goldwing as riding is in my blood....but...it's time, past time really, to explore a different TYPE of riding.
Same here, I still like the track stuff but due to the baby and soem financial issues I bailed on this season, but I too like doing the touring/ long weekend rides. Thats where it sux being on the east coast, limits my options a bit on where I go depending on time.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Yeah, but I think I mainly get tired of the V-strom because it doesn't do any one thing extremely well.

Ideally, I'd like to have a bike to just cruise around town on (Harley, Victory, etc.), another bike for the LONG highway rides (Goldwing), a dual sport for riding to the offroad locations and then riding offroad (KLR), and a dedicated track bike (R6, GSXR750, etc).

Since I can't afford 4 bikes, I'll hang on to the V-strom and make the best of it. As I get older, I expect I'll have a Goldwing and some type of cruiser for around town.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #13
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Gotcha. I was just thinking that doing trips on the current bike might be preferable to no riding at all till Spring. But then you don't get goodies for the car.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Greg, BMW GT. Seriously. All you have to do is ride one and you'll be hooked. That is, especially if you ride at night. That headlight is absolutely tremendous. It's crazy that the headlight - with ALL the advances on that bike - the HEADLIGHT was my favorite thing

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #15
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I traded the Buell for a new mx bike and haven't regretted it one bit.

I'm contemplating a decent 2-up bike in the future, but I don't even know what to look for.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #16
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I traded the Buell for a new mx bike and haven't regretted it one bit.

I'm contemplating a decent 2-up bike in the future, but I don't even know what to look for.
Whats nice is there are a lot of choices out there now. I had a hard time narrowing the field after the priller crapped out and still havent made a decision but I still have some demos to ride.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Not interested in riding street at all anymore. Didnt even insure the Harley this year. Its paid next may, and im considering selling it for 14k (may have a buyer), buying a dirtbike, and using the rest as a part of a downpayment on a house.

I dunno what it is, but riding street currently bores me to tears. And its not just our shitty roads, no matter where I go, I just find im not that interested. I should be enjoying my ride, instead, im wishing winter would get here sooner so I can ride the sled.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #18
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
It's crazy that the headlight - with ALL the advances on that bike - the HEADLIGHT was my favorite thing
"Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light. Stop where you are. Turn away from it. Don't even look at it."

JC
Old 07-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Your problem is simply "cruising". Go find a cayon road to run and up down with along with a few others and make a racetrack out of it.
I know you're a smart guy but sometimes you say the dumbest shit.

The problem is *not* cruising. Everyone's focus changes and their tastes/bikes change as that focus does.

There are plenty of paces short of *running the canyons* that is fun. My TLR hasn't left the garage this year, the Busa has a few times, the BMW has alot, and I'm taking the KLR to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska in 2 days. There won't be any canyon carving on that bike, but I'm totally looking forward to the trip and I'm going to have a blast.

I haven't gone out and done full boogie dragging knee on a sportbike in quite some time, and I am in no way bored with riding.

If just taking it easy bores you, so be it, but that's not everyone's problem.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #20
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

After my Duc took a shit, I took time off from riding. At the time I couldn't afford anything new, and the desire to get on another bike was close to gone. Recently I picked up a Buell Blast just to get around the cost of gas for my typical commute. Maybe it's just the break, but I don't think I've had more fun riding than I have on this little bitch. It's not going to win races, it's not even close to a sexy bike, and every now and then a little more power would be nice, but even tooling around back and forth to school is a shitload of fun. The damn thing is retardedly easy to ride and throw around. If anything, it's kind of relit the fires for riding.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote